Mesan (9)

"Ding dong!!" The sound of the bell resonated within the house.. I looked at my clock and groaned.. it's just 7:05 am for crying out loud.. I figured Dan wouldn't get up and I was pretty sure mum and dad were still asleep since it was a bright Saturday morning. I trudged down the stairs with Ted (my fluffy toy panda) in my arms and Choco at my heels.. I peeped through the little glass hole and a memory flashed through my mind.. Brownish eyes meeting mine for a fleeting moment.. me drenched in red ink and crying.. The sound of the bell brought me back to the present and I reluctantly opened the door..

"Hey good morning.. I was expecting your parents but nevertheless I'm your new neighbor.. We moved in yesterday...." I blanked out after that.. He was the guy who looked back.. He's part of Stephen's crew!! He's my new neighbor!!!!!!! Why why why... I guess he noticed my horror and he paused to take a closer look at me.. I could see the shock in his eyes as recognition kicked in...

"You y-you y-you're that girl..."

"Yeah.. it's quite unfortunate that we're now neighbors🙄.. I..."

"Dayo, who's at the door?" I looked back and saw Dan.. He walked boldly towards me and raised a brow..

"Who are you?"

"I'm s-sorry.. My name is Damian a-and I'm y-your n-new neighbor.. I j-just c-came to say h-hi.."

"Oh, I'm sorry.. You're welcome.. How're your parents? Do you want to come in?"

"T-they're f-fine. No t-thank you.. I-I should g-get going.. I'll s-see you i-in s-s-school Dayo"

He hurriedly moved towards his house, but before he got in;

"I'll see you in school too Damian"

My brother looked at me as if I instantly grew two horns on my head while Damian froze.. He slowly turned back, waved shyly and practically ran into his compound. I shared a knowing look with my brother and grinned..

"He's shy, just like you"

"Yeah yeah. You know.. I just realized Choco didn't bark at all."

We both looked at Choco who was still staring at Damian's house..

"I guess he doesn't suspect him. Do you think he stammers?"

"Naah.. He spoke without stammering at first.. I guess he does that when he's nervous"

"Oh well.. I'm starving already meeeeeen!"

"You're always starving😏"

"You can't blame me. I'm a growing young man"😇

He flicked my forehead while I groaned again.. Dad descended the stairs and we instantly went into position😄 I went down on my knees while Dan prostrated..

"Eekaro Sir" We chorused.. That's the traditional way of greeting the elderly in the Yoruba culture. Dad smiled and replied to our greeting..

"Come here baby girl" I ran into dad's hands and he lifted me up. I screamed and we both laughed. Dan punched my arm and I stuck out my tongue at him.

"You know you aren't the last born anymore abi?"

"Ehn.. I'm still the only girl nah!"

"That's right, you're still my baby girl" Dad laughed at our little banter while I grinned

We went to mum and relayed the news to her.. Trust mummy to overreact;

"Oh, that's really nice. Later in the evening we'll visit them. Dayo, you'll arrange a bouquet of flowers in one of the new vases. Dan slaughter a broiler let's make something yummy. Darling, I need you to assist me with the kids so I'll rest for about an hour then I'll take over."

Dan and I snickered at mum's pet name for dad which earned us a look😂 Daddy kissed mummy on her forehead and we all observed the morning devotion which was led by dad.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Are you guys ready?"

"Yes dad.. well I'm but I'm not sure about Dayo"

"Make way for the awesome one!"

I "majestically" walked down the stairs in dark blue Jean, a maroon coloured hoodie with a black top which had an artistic sketch of a puppy in front and black sneakers while dad, mum and Dan watched me with different reactions.. Even the twins looked at me.. They're a week old now😁

"I honestly have no idea how you became my sister😂"

"You love me anyway😁"

We left the house and dad knocked on our neighbors door. After approximately ten seconds, the door opened to reveal a middle aged woman who looked really pretty. She was donned in a black dress which had red satin flounces at the bottom, a reading glasses was perched on her nose and she gave us a warm smile.

"You must be my neighbors. Please come in,"

We filed in and she cooed at the twins with adoration filled in her eyes.. A man of average height stepped into the sitting room. He had this "ever smiling" face..

"Good evening, I'm Mr Louis Adekola.. You must be my new neighbors, I sincerely apologize for not checking in on your family yet."

We were ushered into a larger sitting room and the adults instantly hit it off.. Damian continued to sneak glances at me and my brother. I eventually gave up and nudged my brother who had been on his phone for awhile now. He looked at me, glanced at Damian and grinned. The kid's eyes widened with fear and surprise but he quickly looked away..

"Dude, you could have given him a heart attack with your wolfish smile"

"Oh common, I was trying to be friendly kiddo, he was staring at you😏"

"Naah, he was probably thinking of ways to make me disappear from his awesome presence,"

"You really are jobless you know, your imagination..." His sentence was interrupted with a question nearby;

"Damian did you say hi to Dayo and and her brother at all?"

"N..n..no y..y..yes n..n..no m..mum"

His mum gave him a small smile and looked towards my parents..

"Please pardon him, he stutters when nervous." I could hear Damian groaning at his mum's choice of words

"There's no problem, my daughter went through that at some point" Yay... way to go dad.. tarnish my image and destroy it in the presence of my enemy😪 Dan poked my ribs and snickered.. as if reading my thoughts..

After about an hour later, we were ready to leave.. Well I was definitely ready, my parents were probably in love with this family and vice versa. We bade goodbye and I surprised myself by speaking to the enemy..

"Hey, it was nice meeting your family."

"Y..yeah, it was nice meeting yours too"

"Wow, you stuttered only once.. now that's some improvement😏"

He blushed and waved shyly. Dan, being silly as always grinned again, placed his hands on my shoulder and steered me towards our home.

"Lovely, you call me lovely, you call me lovelyyy.. n imma soak in it, n imma soak in it, n imma soak in it" (Sings loudly.. earning a chuckle from mum)

Hey guys😇😇😇 I think Hollyn is my new favourite artiste🖤🖤🖤💖

Oh yeah... Guys... Who has cool ideas for a cover photo? Both of my stories need cover photos😩😩😩 I'd really appreciate if anyone would assist me with it..

Don't forget the procedures y'all😍😍😍😍

(Stretches on the bed and increases the volume of the song) 😋😋😋😋