Little Monster

Four weeks later

Today, Jude is 16 weeks pregnant. It's getting hard for her to hide it from Timothy, and she plans to tell him today once he gets home from work. Lana helped Jude pick out the perfect little pair of shoes to surprise him with, and Jude had written a letter to him, addressed from the baby, of course.

Jude checks the time on her watch and rushes to finish setting everything up on the table she wants it. She hears Timothy's car pull into the driveway, and wipes her hands on the front of her dress and smooths out the material over her bump. She had purchased some maternity clothes, and recently had to start wearing them. This particular dress showcases her small bump beautifully. As Timothy slides his keys into the door, Jude sits at the table, twisting her hair around her fingers.

"Jude?" He calls, dropping his things in the front hall.

"In the kitchen," She calls back, bouncing her leg excitedly.

"You won't believe the day I had," He says, beaming as he enters the kitchen.

"I'll bet you our entire savings that it's about to get better." Timothy raises an eyebrow and takes a seat across from her. She smiles and slides the bag towards him. Timothy gets teary eyed as he pulls the shoes from the bag, unfolding the note slowly. Of course he has known about he pregnancy for a month, but having it all laid out in front of him just made it so much more real.

"Finally decided on a way to tell me?" He jokes, folding the letter back up and wiping the tears from his face.

"What?" She asks, laughing slightly.

"I've known for a month, Jude," He smile, standing and pulling her up so he can get a better look at her stomach.

"What?" She asks, her smile dropping.

"Yep. I didn't say anything because I knew you would want to tell me in your own way." Jude throws her arms around his neck and kisses him, wiping her own tears.

"Thank you. I love you so much, Timothy Howard."

"I love you too, Judy Martin. Now, let's go out and celebrate with dinner. We're having a baby!" Jude shrieks with laughter as Timothy lifts her off the ground and spins her around.

"Timothy!" Jude shouts from the bathtub. Timothy sets down his book and takes off his reading glasses, looking into the bathroom from his spot on the bed.

"What?"

"Come quick! The baby is moving!"

Timothy jumps up and practically slams himself down beside the tub. Jude laughs and places his hand where the baby is moving.

They look at each other, shock and excitement built up in both of their eyes.

"Timothy, that's our baby," Jude wipes the tears from her eyes and laughs, standing up with the help of Timothy. She dries quickly and pulls on her underwear and robe, throwing herself into his arms.

He rubs her belly lightly as they lay in bed. Jude looks over the top of her book and smiles, placing her hand over Timothy's.

"I love you, Jude."

Four weeks later

"Jude," Timothy says, shaking her lightly.

She groans and turns away from him.

"Jude, you have to get up for work."

"No," She whines, looking over her shoulder at him. He gives her a pointed look and turns on the lights, heading into the bathroom to get himself ready for work.

"Jude, come on!"

"Fuck you," She groans, sitting up and rubbing her belly. Timothy laughs from the bathroom as he brushes his teeth. Jude rummages around in the closet for a dress and pushes Timothy out of the bathroom so she can get ready.

"Have a good day," Timothy says, rubbing her belly before she gets out of the car.

"Thank you, baby. I love you and I'll see you tonight. Lana will give me a ride home around 2." Timothy nods and leans in to kiss her before watching her struggle up the front steps of the building.

Jude melts into her seat after checking in with Lana and begins transcribing the phone messages from yesterday. As the day goes by, Jude is feeling intense pain from her baby kicking her directly in the ribs.

"Lana," Jude whines, falling onto the couch Lana has in her office.

"What?" She asks, laughing.

"Babies hurt."

"Oh, just you wait, sister." Jude groans and sits up, rubbing her side.

"Want me to take you home early?"

"Maybe," Jude whines, frowning and poking her belly. The baby kicks her back and she rolls her eyes.

"Don't provoke the little monster!" Jude laughs so hard she nearly pees herself. "Okay, Jude, let's go for an early lunch, then I'll take you home."

"Thank you," Jude sighs, letting Lana help her up from the couch.

Jude drops onto the couch as soon as she gets home, groaning and glaring at her stomach.

"Listen here, you little fuck. I love you a lot, but you need to stop making me sick. I'm still throwing up, and I'm in my second trimester. You're getting bigger in there, and you keep kicking the shit out of me! Please stop. I love you so much, peanut, but you need to be nice to mama." The baby kicks her softly in response. "Thank you, peanut."

Jude decides to do some gardening before Timothy gets home. She heads out into the backyard and pulls the flowers from their crate near the shed.

"Okay, let's get these planted before you get here, peanut."

Timothy comes in and searches for Jude. When he gets up to their bedroom and still doesn't see her, he starts to panic. Timothy paces by the window and sees Jude outside, watering the flowers that have just been planted. He sighs and jogs down the stairs.

"Timothy! How long have you been home?" She asks, pushing herself off the ground and setting the watering can down.

"About ten minutes. How about you?"

"Since lunch. Lana brought me home because your kid can't keep their hands to their self." Timothy chuckles and pulls Jude against him.

"Did you have a good day?" She asks him, looking up.

"Yes," He smiles softly, laying his book down on his chest to hold its place. Jude rests her head on his shoulder and closes her eyes.

"Jude?"

"Hmm?"

"We're going to be parents." Jude giggles and looks up at him. He was excited, and she was grateful for that.