Chapter 65:

As Charlie's car pulls up, I hear the rumble of a engine, and a green and white, 250cc Kawasaki sped past and Xander shoved his way to the front of my mind. My smile left my face as I got in Charlie's black sports car. He kissed my cheek and started driving forward. As we got to the end of the street, he rested a hand on my theigh. I tensed at the contact, but then relaxed as he moved his thumb slowly on my leg.

"So, uh, what was that random hanging up for?" He asked. I groaned mentally and looked at him. He glanced at me and smiled. I really didn't want to explain that Xander came back, so instead an excuse popped into my head.

"My, um, Uncle and Aunty decided to pop in, and my slutty cousin came in and she just flirts with any boy who she sees, as long as they're hot." I lied, but then sigh as I realise I'd called him hot.

"So you think I'm hot?" He smirks. I roll my eyes and put on a fake smile.

"Hot enough." I tease. He chuckles and moves his hand higher up my theigh. I stare at his hand for a while, before looking out the window as we arrive at school. He parks in the student car park, and turns off the car, then he sits there. As I open the car door and go to get out of the car, he grabs my hand and pulls me back into the car, making me close the door as well. He pulls me into and embrace and crashes his lips to mine. He sucks on my bottom lip. I look at his eyes as they flicker open and he stops kissing me. I wipe my mouth and he turns away. I get out of the car.

"Thanks for the ride." I say, a pang of guilt hitting me hard in the stomach as he half smiled at me. I dropped my bag and climbed over to him, kissing his lips delicately. "Sorry." He looked stunned. I stifle a giggle, pick up my bag and walk to the office.

Later in PE class, Charlie's friend, Ashton, plops himself next to me.

"Hoe are you, Mills." He asks.

"Okay, how 'bout you?" I reply with a smile. He smiles back.

"I'm pretty good. You know Charlie really missed being with you. He was so depressed without you to lighten him up." He explains. Guilt washes over me like a tsunami wave. I look down at my hands.

"Ashton, don't tell anyone, but I just don't think I can be with him, after I've just broken up with the person I actually loved."

"Well that is understandable. I mean if you really loved him, you wouldn't want to be with anyone else. I'll tell Charlie."

"No. Let me. And if he doesn't want to talk to me after then, oh well." I shrugged. At that moment, Coach walked in, Charlie tagging behind with his mates. He grinned when he saw me and he walked over and sat next to me.

"I leave you to him." Ashton said, standing up and going over to the group Charlie just left. I nodded and turned to Charlie. He had a smirk on his face.

"Hey, babe." He smiled. "How are you?"

"I'm good. Look Charlie, I need to talk to you about... Us." I said. His smile disappeared and he looked down at the ground. Guilt hit me hard in the stomach.

"I don't.... I don't think I really want to... um... to have a relationship with you this... soon." I explain, looking directly into his eyes. He was quiet for a few moments. Then he took a deep breath.

"Well," he croaked, clearing his throat. "Um, I guess I'll see you around." He stood up. I grabbed his hand.

"That doesn't mean we can't be friends." I say. He shakes my hand off his and then shakes his head.

"It sort of does, if I don't wanna be friends anymore." I stand up.

"Don't be like that."

"Like what? Listen, I was happy when that dickhead, Alexander, finally left, and then you say you don't wanna be with me. Honestly."

"No, don't give me bullshit. You can't expect me to hook up with you, directly after the one person I actually loved left!"

"So you actually loved him? What does that make me. The one you liked?"

"Yes! Sure you were sweet and all, but I just liked Xander more because he didn't push me! Yeah you did some nice things for me, but, honestly, you just were too clingy! Okay? Is that too hard for you to get through your thick skull and into your tiny brain? God, you always know how to get me angry! You just keep pushing my buttons until I snap. Do you enjoy it? I don't even want to talk to you any more! We are definitely done! Don't talk to me you fucking asshole!" He stood there, his mouth half open and his green piercing eyes wide.

"I just want to punch your smug face sometimes!" I added. Charlie grabbed me by the wrist.

"Coach, Millie just needs to go for a walk, she's feeling a bit dizzy. She wants me to come in case something happens. Is hat okay?" He asked. Coach waved his hand in a dismissive way and we walked out of the gym.

Charlie dragged me into a storeroom. I struggled against him. He slammed me against the wall, pressing his warm muscular body up against my thin one. His lips brushed over mine. He kissed my neck. It sent chills down my spine and I shivered underneath him. I felt him smile against my soft skin. I ran my hands through his hair. He looked at me.

"I'm sorry," he began, but I cut him off by smashing my lips into his. I pulled away.

"No, I'm sorry. I was a idiotic person and you know that we should take things slow and let me get over Xander first, which is why we can't do what we are doing right now. I'll let you know when I'm ready." And with that, I walked out of the store room and back into the gym.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

As I walked home, because I didn't want to see Charlie, I remembered our little talk and how I yelled at him. And how wide his eyes were when I said all of those things. I regretted it so much. I wish I could take back some of those things I said. Like how I said I only liked him, because that wasn't true. When I was with him I loved him so much. But one thing I wouldn't take back was how I wanted to punch him in the face, because you know, sometimes you get those weird urges.

I opened the door, to be greeted by Loki. He jumped up on my legs. I laughed and picked him up.

"Mum! I'm home!" I yelled out.

"Hey sweetie! How was school?" She replied.

"It was... Pretty good, I guess. I have a party tonight!"

"Okay," she appeared in the hallway. "How's it going without Xander?"

"It's okay, I guess."

"Oh, do you want to talk?"

"Nah. I'm just going to grab some food and watch YouTube." I smiled.

"Alright, honey. If you need anything, just tell me."

"Thanks mum." I walked up the stairs and into my room, Loki still in my arms. I placed my bag down and started looking through my clothes. I just pulled out a simple party dress. It was strapless. It had black for the chest area and then the dress was a coral pink. It was pretty. I grabbed some black stilettos to match and a silver necklace.

Finally I sat down for 3 hours and watched YouTube with chocolate and chips. I know, I know, the healthy person I am.