Chapter 74:

Charlie ^^^

We sat there cuddled up on the couch until I stopped crying and all of our tummies grumbled with hunger. As we are sitting and eating, my phone rings. I hesitate before picking up.

"Hello?" I answer.

"Millie?" I hear Charlie's familiar voice. My eyes widen and I mouth Charlie. The whole table nods. I get up and go to my bedroom before continuing.

"Yes, what do you want?" I say, annoyance lacing through my voice.

"A chance to explain myself." He replies. I take a deep breath and shut my eyes.

"Hurry up." He starts explaining. By the end of it, I'm in tears. Quiet sobs that rip through my body. I swallow back tears and start speaking.

"I'm so sorry," I choke out, "that I judged you so quickly."

"Millie, please stop crying. I know you're upset but there's no reason to cry baby." He say softly. I nod and blink back more tears.

"Okay."

"I have to go now Millie, but I will call you every week, okay?"

"Okay." I sob.

"Get off the phone!" I hear a gruff voice yell then the line goes dead. I lock my phone and let it drop out of my shakes hands. Then I run to my bed and flop down, sobbing into my pillows. There's a soft knock at the door and Bradley comes in. He rubs my back slowly.

"It's all okay." He says softly.

"No it's not! I feel so... so guilty!" I reply.

"Why?"

"I was too quick to judge."

"But it's all okay now, he forgives you and you forgive him?"

"Well he forgives me, but I still can't forgive him for killing a man. That will always be imprinted on my mind." I sit up and wipe my eyes with the heels of my palms. I look at Bradley. He looks back at me. Then my phone rings. I pick it up and see the contact name Sex God. I answer it.

"Who the eff is this?" I ask.

"That is no way to speak to thee Sex God!" A familiar voice retorts. I know I've heard the voice but I just can't remember whose it is.

"Could you please answer my question?"

"Could you please apologise?"

"Apologise? Apologise for what?"

"For speaking to thee Sex God like that."

"I asked first."

"I won't tell you who I am until you say sorry."

"Fine, sorry." I huff.

"Uh-uh, properly. Repeat after me, I, Amelia Smith, am truly sorry for speaking to thee Sex God like I did." I roll my eyes and repeat.

"I, Amelia Smith, am truly sorry for speaking to thee Sex God like I did."

"Thank you."

"Now answer my question."

"What's the magic word."

"Please."

"That's better. My name is Christopher Matthew Tyson." My eyes widen and I start laughing. "Why are you laughing?"

"Because your name on my phone is Sex God." I laugh. Bradley starts laughing with me.

"What? I've got to say, I am a Sex God." He plays. I laugh harder.