The Messages (Pt 2)

Ryleys's POV

Day 19

  "This is Sunbeam. Y'know, Aurora, we're from a little trans-gov on the far side of Andromeda, and we have a saying there.
There's no bad without the good, no good without the bad.
Sounds like you tasted a bunch of the former, but that only means you're overdue a whole lot of the latter.
Might just be we're it.
We're scanning for somewhere to park as we speak, we'll be in touch when we find it. Sunbeam out."

That saying. That saying, though only words, meaningless really, means so incredibly much to me. Yes. Yes there has been a lot of bad. And yes. Hell yes I hope that there's some good coming.

In the meantime, I'm going to look for more materials. If only I had more room to store stuff in this tiny Lifepod. I mean, I understand that it's a Lifepod and that it should only have essentials as to keep it as safe and light as possible, but come on. Just a few more storage spots would be nice so I don't have to waste all my titanium on storage lockers. Which I would then fill with more titanium.

Day 21

I suppose in the meantime, it's time to make a seamoth. I gather the materials. It's not too rough. Titanium, glass, lubricant, a power cell and lead. That's all I need. I just hope that I'm not going to get charged for using all of these materials.

Once the seamoth is finally complete, I decide to name it. I believe I will name it. . . Poker. A small but feisty powerhouse. He will be the best seamoth there is. He'lol be useful to get around so I don't just have to use my seaglide. Time to take 'im for a ride.

A while into my ride, I get the message that there is an incoming radio transmission. I immediately travel back to the Lifepod to listen to it.

"Aurora, we're approaching the planet now, and we have a landing site for you that's... well, it's better than the alternatives.
We've sent you the coordinates.
It'll take us a couple of days to align our orbit, we should be able to establish direct contact with you during that time, then we're coming in to get you.
Cross your fingers the weather holds, and don't leave us waiting. Sunbeam out."

The feeling of hope quickly bubbles in my chest. I'm so excited and shocked that I have to repeat it to myself.

"I'm going home."
"I am going home."
"I am finally going home."

__________________________