House and Home

(Ryley's POV)

"Alright. Here we are." I say, as I dismount Poker and swim towards the Lifepod.
"This is where you stay?"

"Yeah. Why?"

"It's smaller than the Lifepods that were  equipped on the Sunbeam."

"Oh. Well yeah it's where I've been staying but I think it's time for an upgrade."

"How?"

"With this!" I say pulling out my habitat builder, "With this we can make a new base that will protect us from whatever's around us!"

"If you say so." Jesse mutters.

"Hey. Trust me. I'll show you but we need a good place to build a base." I explain.

"Okay", Jesse responds, "How about over here?" Jesse asks, pointing to a cliff with a drop that was a little steep. I like it. But it's too close to the kelp forests. If we were ever to build a scanner room, stalkers would steal our cameras.

"No. Too close to the kelp forest. Keep looking."

We dive back into the water and after a few minutes of searching, I see Jesse surface. I follow him.

"Found something?" I ask.

"Yeah. I think it's a good spot! It's closer to this area with red grass and no stalkers, than it is to the kelp forests. It's got a little bit of a dip but I think that's alright. Here it is."

Jesse takes me to the spot and I like it too.

"The dip would be good for moonpools and a cyclops parking spot." I explain.

"Moon pool? Cyclops? ' The Hell is that?" Jesse questions.

"The Moonpool is like a underwater garage for the seamoth and prawnsuit. The cyclops is a gigantic submarine that can't fit in the moonpool. Oh- and the prawn suit is-"

"I know what a prawn suit is. I helped repair one once. It was quite the experience." Jesse inputs.

"What do you mean by that?" I ask.

"One of my friends also does- or also did- do work for Alterra. They specifically did maintenance on Exosuits. And one time this one guy brought in this prawn suit. I couldn't really tell though. Why? Because it was covered in stickers!" Jesse let's out a small laugh, "It was just a mound of glue and silky paper. I helped them get all of the stickers off and cleaned around the joints. It was pretty fun, honestly,"

I also let out a small laugh, "How do you get your prawn suit covered in stickers?"

" I don't know but it created a fun experience for me." Jesse smiles.

I can't help but smile too.

"Let's finish building this base."

"Yeah."