Ch: 03

Once she was in her car, she stares thoughtlessly down at her hands gripping the sleeves of her coat. She felt paralyzed in her spot, her eyes start to sting. Bending over, she hides her face in her hands and just sits there, wondering of nothing but everything. She isn't sure how long she sits there, unmoving, but she didn't care. She was being driven insane.

***

The exhausted woman stumbles into the hotel room, taking a short moment to glance around at her surroundings. When her gaze lands on the full-sized bed pushed against the wall in the center of the room, she drops her bag on the floor and slips her jacket off. She falls backward onto the bed. Her eyes are already closed on impact, she doesn't bother to lay down properly by situating herself under the white covers.

Despite the heaviness in her eyes, sleep does not come easily. Instead, she laid there feeling confused and hopeless. She wondered deeply about her situation; questioning if she would ever feel normal again. She was being chased, playing hide and seek with a faceless monster who she couldn't even begin to explain or understand. She knew nothing of it and couldn't think of any reason why it was following her. Any hope of escaping seemed undeniably inevitable.

Fluttering her eyes wide open, she slowly blinks up at the ceiling, she deliberates what she should do now. With the money she had, that she saved up for almost a month before leaving, she would have enough to live at two months tops. That is if she lives cheaply and spares as much as she can muster. Though she had a plan, where was she going to go? She was still in Alabama and wasn't sure if she should leave the state or not.

What if this was all for nothing?

She heaves out in frustration, deciding to sleep even if it was probably 6 in the morning. She didn't care what time it was anymore, wasn't sure what day or month it was. It didn't matter, nothing did matter much anymore. It makes her wonder why she was even trying to get away. She closes her eyes,  the absence of sleep has fogged her mind and has left her unfunctional.

Y/N isn't sure how long she lays awake with her eyes sealed, but eventually, sleep comes and she silently hopes she doesn't wake up ever again.

***

She wakes up, unfortunately.

A headache pounds through her skull, her teeth clench together to bear the dull pain. Forcing her eyes open, she finds herself in the hotel hallway sitting up against the wall in an uncomfortable position. She couldn't have been there too long, as someone would have seen her quite a while ago. Fear coursed through her veins like a river, her heart is accelerating loudly in her ears and she is positive it may jump out of her chest any second.

Y/N quickly goes to sit up, but her body fails to register movements and she falls backward. In return, she hits her head hard against the wall behind her causing a jarring sting to vibrate her skull. It makes her headache undoubtedly worse.

"Damn it..." She goes to grab the back of her head but stops when she sees the dried blood crusting on her hands. She freezes and her hands have grown cold, studies the blood on her shirt and follows it up. Touching below her nose, she pulls back to see blood staining her fingertips. How did she get a bloody nose?

Still wincing in pain from her headache, Y/N stays still to try to make it pass. But this time it didn't seem to be faltering. It gradually got worse, she bends over and grasps her head tightly with her hands as a constant ringing noise pierces through her eardrums. It feels as if her ears were bleeding and she isn't sure if she's gasping because she can't hear anything but the ringing. The ringing soon becomes nothing more than white noise, she hears herself breathing in a labored manner, her eyes watching as blood dripped from her nose onto her lap. Her nose was bleeding heavily; she feels the warmth of her blood on her chin and neck. She doesn't even try to stop the flow. She didn't care much.