6

"I thought I told you that we would finish our little talk after the exams" I heard his raspy voice say and I looked up to see Gaara staring back at me. "You said that you would look for me not that I'd have to wait for you once the exams ended" I retorted letting out a little laugh as I slowly continue to swing back and forth.

Gaara suddenly began to walk close to me until he was standing in front of the swing I sat on and offered me his hand which I gladly took as he gently pulled my up from my seat. we stood closely in front of each other with grins on our faces as we were both happy to finally be reunited again but the moment quickly ended as Gaara's grin faded away and he suddenly shot sand at the tree across us.

I look at the tree to see nothing there and I look back at Gaara full of confusion. "Sorry I felt someone else's chakra for a moment." He says still staring at the tree to see nothing there.

He eventually lets it go and we walk around the streets of Konoha together. It was full of bright lights being emitted from the little stores around the street and the street lamps that were perfectly aligned on the side walks, people were walking around and laughing with their friends. Everything at that moment felt so liberating to me for some reason, as if it was my first time to walk the streets of Konoha at night even if it was something I did almost every night.

The whole walk was full of bring back our old inside jokes and catching up with one another's lives. We walked and talked until we noticed Konoha slowly getting dark and darker as everyone was going home. We were suddenly approaching a traditional looking house and Gaara stops and turns to face me.

"Want to come in for some tea?" Gaara asks as he gestures to the house we were approaching and I just simply nod my head in reply. We finally reach the door and he begins to rummage his pockets trying to find the key. It took a while but he eventually found it and lead us to the living room.

I let myself fall back on to the couch, tired from today's events and Gaara heads to the kitchen to make our tea. As I sat there for a few more moments, I suddenly hear the someone go through the front door. I look back to see who it is to find Shikamaru who had his arm wrapped around Temari, laughing their asses off but quickly stop when they noticed my presence.

"Hey there, Himari" Temari chirps when she sees me as Shikamarus eyes widen as the sight of me. "What are you doing here?" She asks, cocking her head to the side in confusion but before I could reply Gaara walks out of the kitchen holding to cups of tea but stops and stares at his sister and her new friend.

"Ohhh" Temari says when she realizes I was here due to Gaara. "Anyways, we'll be out back" She says as she grabs Shikamaru's hand and quickly walks away, dragging him with her.

I stared at the spot where they stood for a while before Gaara had to call for my attention and I suddenly was sucked back into reality. "You okay?" He asks as a concern look washes across his face and sat down beside me on the couch as he takes of his Kazekage hat and puts it down on the coffee table.

"It's nothing, don't worry about it" I reply as I give him the fakest smile I could muster and Gaara gave me a skeptical look in return and lets out a sigh. "So what happened?" He asks as he hands me my cup of tea which I gladly take. "What do you mean?" I asked, trying to play innocent.

"You and him" He says, taking a sip of his tea. "What's up with you guys?" He continues as he intently looks at me. "That's what I would like to know" I reply, letting out a sigh and he gestures of me to continue. "Nothing bad happened we just drifted apart, I guess?" I say as I look down on the cup of tea in my hands.

"It bothers you doesn't it? How he looks like he's fine without you in his life" Gaara suddenly says and I look up at him and he lets out a sigh. "Trust me, I know the feeling" He sadly says, referring to his past, as he took another sip of his tea.

Gaara and I ended up spending the whole night being melancholic together and talking about everything we wanted to change about our lives. It was a bitter-sweet moment and It made me wish for more nights like this.

//

I woke up the next day on a soft bed that felt unfamiliar by the touch. I quickly sat up in panic but calmed down when I realized I was in Gaara's room as he let me sleep on his bed last night since it was getting late and well, Gaara just doesn't sleep.

I let out a loud yawn as I stretched my arms and slowly got out of bed. I groggily walked out of his room wearing nothing but underwear and a black button up shirt Gaara let me borrow. I walk towards the kitchen as I scratch my eyes in search for Gaara. I made my way to the kitchen to see a little note on the fridge.

Himi,

Forgive me as I could not be there when you wake up since I have duties to attend to as the Kazekage. See you.

- Gaara

I let out a little smile as he called me by my childhood nickname. I quickly grab the note from the fridge and begin my walk to Gaara's room when I heard the doorbell ring. I made my way to the door and quickly open it, not wanting to keep whoever was there waiting for too long.

I look up to see an awkwardly standing Shikamaru who was scuffling his feet on the wooden floor. My eyes grew big as I realized that I was only wearing Gaara's shirt at the moment. I quickly hid my body behind the door and poke my head out with ab embarrassed smile on my face.

"Uhh is Temari here?" He asks as he scratches the back of his neck and looks at the ground in attempt to avoid eye contact with me. "I'm here!" We both heard Temari's voice say from behind and I open the door wider for her to be in Shikamaru's view and eventually walk back to Gaara's room to change back into my old clothes before leave.

Once I was dressed and ready I made my way home which was on the other side of the village and hoped in the shower as soon as I could. I stayed there for a good 30 minutes before I started to feel bad about how much water I've wasted and decided it was time to get dressed.

After prepared myself for the day, I made my way downstairs to grab something to eat and I spot Neji cooking some food and i look over his should to see what he was making. "Hey, can you make me some too?" I ask with a cheeky smile on my face. He let out a little 'hmfph' under his breath and nodded his head. "One one condition" He suddenly says and I wipe the smile of off my face. "You have to answer a few questions of mine" Neji continues and I skeptically nod my head in response.

Once he finished putting the food on two seperate plates we both sat down on the dinning table. "Soo... What did you want to ask?" I asked as I cock my head to the side. "Where were you last night?" He asks with a hint of curiosity on his face. "Better yet, Who were u with?" He asks, changing his previous question as I took a bite of my food.

"Gaara" I casually answer as if me spending the night at some guys house was normal, everyday thing and Neji looks at me more confused than ever. "Are you guys a thing?" He asks and I give him the 'are you kidding me' face and nod my head no.

"He's only been here for like four days?!" I exclaim as the thought of me getting together with someone that quickly was just completely absurd to me.

"One more question" Neji says as I look up at him, hesitantly but wait for him to continue anyways. "Does Hinata have a thing for Naruto?" He asks with a hint of disgust in his voice and I let out a giggle.

"If you can't tell that one on your own then you're just..." I said trailing off, thinking of a nicer way to phrase my thoughts. "stupid" I say finishing my sentence as I really couldn't think of any other way to say it. I got up from my seat and leave my plate on the sink as I walk away, leaving Neji alone to think about what I've said.

//

(a/n): this wasn't an eventful chapter nor was shikamaru in it that much, I'm sorry but I needed it for the story to progress in the direction I want it to go.

Btw how would you guys feel about a chapter being written in Shikamarus point of view later on in the story? Tell me what you think and thank you for all the support and nice comments some of you guys left :( it really inspired me to update more.

feel free to message me if any of you guys want to talk!!!