Chapter three

When the trio arrived at the small town, they headed straight for the medical clinic. As they walked, Lance couldn't help but think about what the town used to look like. It used to be a beautiful place, with parks and gardens. Now all Lance saw was wreckage and devastation.
" Alright boys. We get what we need, and get out. Don't get distracted. " Pidge said, glancing over in Lances direction. The boy gave an embarrassed  giggle. " Lance, You're on ammo duty, Hunk, food, and I will look for medical supplies. Yell if you're in trouble. "
She said, turning into the clinic. Hunk gave a wave to Lance, and walked in the opposite direction. Lance didn't like being left alone in places like this, but he knew that the jobs would be done faster if they split up, so he hadn't argued. It took Lance only a few minutes to spot the back entrance of an old gun shop.
As Lance walked toward the store, he kept wary to be quiet; one wrong move and he would be in the center of a hoard. When he got to the old metal door, it was opened, so very carefully and quietly, he slipped in.
The shop was bigger than Lance had initially thought; the base floor a very long room, lined with long shelves, and there were stairs Lance looked around the dirty shop, searching for ammo and other things that may be useful to the group. Lance walked up the stairs, hoping to not return empty handed. He reached the top of the stairs, and noticed a metal box in the corner. The boy walked towards the box shuffling dust around on the floor. He had just reached the box, which was locked, when he heard someone downstairs.
        Lance pulled out his gun. He     slowed down his breathing, and crept towards the stairs. He slipped down the steps, and hid behind the counter. Lance looked up and saw a pale black haired boy. He wore a dirty black shirt and black jeans, with a red and black flannel tied around his small waist. The boys eyes were purple, and they looked dull and bored, like he wasn't excited or scared at all. He bore jet black hair; black like the night sky. He had a nasty scar on his right cheek, which ran down the bottom half of his face into his neck. Lance was so distracted studying the boy that he hadn't noticed he made direct eye contact.
" Stand. Now. " The boy said, pointing a 9mm handgun at Lance. He had a stern look on his face, but his eyes flooded with fear. He walked forward until he was an arms length away. Lance could clearly see his face. The boy had a fairly handsome face, like the kind you would have found on TV, and a strong jawline that could cut you if you said something wrong.
" Where is your group? " He asked, putting the small gun against Lances throat. He swallowed hard.
" I don't have a group. " He lied. He had no idea if this guy was alone, and he didn't want to put his best friends in danger. The boy laughed a little.
" I'm sorry, sir." Lance said, His hands trembled as the boys deep, purple eyes stared into his own.
" My name is Keith. " He said lowering his gun.
" Lance. My name. It's Lance. I-"
" Shut up. You're lucky you're cute." He chuckled. Lance gave a flustered sound and looked down. " Give me a reason to trust you, Lance. I don't play games. If you really are alone, we can help you. I can help you. " Keith lowered his gun.
" Keith, I-" Lance was cut off by a sound in the near distance. A gun shot went off, and a mans voice Lance didn't recognize yelled for help. Keith shot his head up and ran towards the door.
" Shiro! "