ONE

CHAPTER ONE "MOMMA! MOMMA!"

CHAPTER ONE
"MOMMA! MOMMA!"

The young woman looked towards the voice calling her, watching her little daughter running towards her feet. She smiles at the sight of her child.

"What is it, my little flower?" she asks softly.

The girl giggles, giving the brightest smile she could muster. "My names Jol, Momma! I got the berries for the yummy stuff!"

The young woman picks up one berry and puts it in her mouth. While she was chewing, she made silly faces making Jol laugh at her antics, mushing her face together playing along. She held her daughter's cheek lovingly. "They're perfectly ripped, as always," she said, her hands moving to Jol's soft hair, ruffling it. "I assume you planted these ones yourself?"

Jol nods cutely. "I did I did! It was super duper easy!"

"Then come Flower," said the mother, walking towards the kitchen with the basket in hand. "Let's set up for lunch then, we don't want you to run off again with an empty belly." Jol follows, walking behind her all the way to the stove. The young girl stood on her tippy toes as she watched her mother cast a spell creating a small fire on the fleeting pile of wood in the oven.

The young maiden then started making the dough, sprouting her wings in the process lifting Jol up on the counter with ease. Her wings glistened in the small light coming from the kitchen window, showing that she was a fairy. She wasn't just any fairy, she was a fairy from the Fairy King's Forest.

Her name is Tanaka, a survivor of one of the many fairy's captured and tortured once the Forest fell to its demise. She was one of the few who managed to escape, leaving everything behind from possessions to her close comrades.

Every day, her time in captivity haunts her, knowing that she was one of the lucky ones. Though that didn't help the wound that seemed to be fresh on her heart thinking about the things lost. Shortly afterward, she took Jol from her wing after she was born from the flower seed she planted in the forest.

"Momma! Tell me the story again!" Jol said, tugging at Tanaka's apron. Tanaka chuckled looking at little Jol. "Again?"

"Again! Again!"

The older fairy shook her head playfully, taking a final look at the dough before turning back to the hyper six-year-old next to her. "Alright, alright but only for a few minutes, lemme get the stool and we'll get started."

"It's ok, I got it!" Jol said, giving a thumbs up. Tanaka tried to stop her but it was already too late. The young girl had already run off for the piece of furniture. All Tanaka could do was took a deep breath and brushed herself off. She loved Jol to death but sometimes she could be a real handful, even if she doesn't mean too. It didn't take long for Jol to come, carrying the stool? Tanaka gawked, "Sweetness, how can you carry that stool alone?"

"What do you mean, Momma?" Jol places down the stool and her brows meeting, "It's not heavy..."

Tanaka sighed, "You've always had this unfathomable strength and I still don't know where you get that from.."

Hearing this, Jol grinned proudly, extending her arms and flexing her muscles. "Yeah, I'm strong!" Tanaka laughed while sitting down on the stool. "Yes, you are sweetie." She signaled Jol to come on her lap and Jol did without any trouble. 

Tanaka cleared her throat, starting off the story, "Once there was a forest filled with fairies roamed the land. Happy and peaceful, away from the humans and the greediest ones. In the middle, was a beautiful tree that constantly exerted magic for the fairies that resided near giving them life and magic. It was called The Sacred Tree." she paused there, hearing Jol gasp at her tone. Tanaka continued,

On one faithful day, a monster attacked the forest disturbing the peace and harmony. The beast—no, the demon destroyed the forest and killed the guardian protecting The Fountain of Youth, a small fountain flowing from the Holy Tree that could grant immortality to the person who drank a cup of the fountain's water. Everything in the forest burnt down and the people taken and beaten.

Very few survived, but one woman managed to escape and went back to her old home. Once she saw her home destroyed, she wept for many months. She tried her best to bring the forest back to its potential but that was impossible for her alone. In a final attempt to revive the tree, the woman used every ounce of her power into a little sample she grew. Then suddenly, the ground began to glow and the sky started to glow in a beautiful array of colors. And with that, a child was born from the last ounce of power from Sacred Tree. She was later named Jol, as a gift."

Tanaka finished, picking up her child, twirling her around. "That child is you, my dear. You are Jol my gift from the goddess race." Jol giggled, holding her mom's arms. "Yay!"

Welcome, welcome all to the story of the savior of the lands, Jol The Flower Knight.