Poor Dipper...

⚠️Trigger Warning ⚠️Bill's POV: (Yay Bill!)

After PineTree had told us to leave we all left his room to see Brayden watching Pacifire record Shimmer as Keyhole cheers her on as she eats her way out of a cotton candy prison....

"Guys, Pinetree is going through something...he told us to leave." I tell them. We get Shimmer out of her sweet and sugary prison and then everyone leaves but Brayden and I.

"Dude, didn't Dipper say he wanted you guys to leave? I mean, I would leave so that he could get some privacy but, I live here so..." Brayden starts to say.

"I.." I sigh "I would like to talk to you for a few minutes..." I tell him. He is obviously confused.

"Why me?" Brayden asks

"You're his roommate. You see how he acts, you see what he does, you see everything he does pretty much 24/7..." I say

"Ok..and?" Brayden says, obviously not catching on. Jeez this dude...

"Can you the me if Pinetree has recently shown any signs of...depression?" I ask, bracing myself for the answer. Brayden looks frightened and confused.

"Depression? Well, um...he sits in his room in the dark a lot, he rambles to himself pretty much all the time, he spaces off a lot and when ever I try to get him, ya know,  back to Earth he looks..startled a-and afraid. Like he wasn't expecting to come out of his daze." Brayden says. I consider all of what he had just said.

"H-have you ever heard of him suffering from nightmares, whimpering in the night, or...scream?" I ask. Brayden takes in a deep breath and let's it out.

"I did hear him scream one night. I was startled, so I went to go check on him. When I walked in, I saw him on the floor in his closet. He curled himself into a little ball and started mumbling to himself, then started rocking back and forth like he was trying to comfort himself. I could tell he was in another one of his dazes and didn't see me. I didn't know what to do so I just left him and went back to sleep...." I look at him with a face like 'Are you fucking serious right now' "Look, I'm sorry! I still feel bad about it. I just didn't know what else to do..." Brayden looks extremely sorry...

"I forgive you, but if anything like that ever happens again then call me, or call my brother if I'm not available." I say and look and Pinetree's room door. He painted it black with swirls of pink, purple, and light blue. There's a bunch of white dots that make up several constellations and a Blue Pinetree on it. I smile at the sight. Brayden looks at me, then the door, then back at me, then smirks and crosses his arms.

"So...he's the one you got a crush on?" Brayden asks. Clearly proud of himself for figuring it out. I was pulled out my trance.

"Wha- N-no! It just looked interesting alright..." I say and cross my arms in defence

"Ya know he added the Pinetree the day you first met him..." Brayden says and looks at the door.

"Really?..." I reply and look at Brayden.

"You care a lot about him...I can tell. Well, just know that he cares a lot about you too." Brayden tells me and walks to his room. Pinetree actually cares about me? I walk over to his door and put my hand on the knob... Then I whisper out loud to myself.

"Let's hope he's not awake..." I say and open the door. He's on his bed layed face up with a book on his stomach. I smile at his sleeping face and pick up the book. It has a Black back ground with a dark blue pine tree.

"Let's see what you have in here..." I say and open the book to the first page.

Dear Journal,
                I met this cool guy today while singing backstage at break. He called me Pinetree and said I was interesting... no one has showed any interest toward me unless they needed me to do something. J wanted to continue to speak with him, but Mabel went into 'Big Sister' mode and pulled me away. I gotta say...he was pretty interesting himself. I also got yelled at by...

I close the journel and look at the sleeping Pinetree...

"I think I might keep this to read...then I'll sneak it back once I'm done." I say and turn to leave once I notice a picture on his nightstand...I pick it up. Its a photo of Mabel and her friends having fun. There's a banner that says "Happy 11th birthday Mason and Mabel!" So this was Pinetree and Mabel's 11th birthday? Everyone seems so happy except...I look over at where Pinetree is and frown. He's sitting by himself and staring into space. Doesn't look like he's too happy...I put the photo back on his nightstand, take the book and leave Brayden  and Pintrees dorm and head to mine and Wills dorm...let's just see what has happened in your life...I need to know to make sure you're ok...