Prolauge

Normal POV:

"Listen,Go Jetters," Said Ubercorn to the Go Jetters one evening, they were eating pizza in the Control Room. They all looked up.

"What's up, Ubercorn?" Asked Foz.

"I'm requested to go to a meeting at the Academy. So I might have to leave you alone tomorrow." Said Ubercorn.

Kyan smiled. He was thinking about making mess all over the place. But he might've been too obvious in his intent, because Ubercorn said:

"But I'm leaving the cameras on so I will make sure that you don't get up to any mischief."

Kyan's smile turned into a frown. Xuli gently put her arm on his shoulder.

"Lars," Said Ubercorn, "considering that you're the second oldest person in Jet Pad after me, you're in charge of your teammates."

Lars gasped. Him? In charge for his teammates?!

"Me? In charge of my teammates?" Cried Lars, "Aren't you rushing things a bit?"

"I wouldn't be asking if I didn't think you were ready." Said Ubercorn.

Lars took a deep breath.

"Okay, Ubercorn, I'm ready." Said Lars.

"Good," Said Ubercorn, "I'll teach you everything you need to know after dinner."

Xuli put her pizza down.

"Ubercorn, can I have a little lie down? I think I upset my stomach."

"Okay, Xuli," Said Ubercorn, "You can go to bed."

Xuli walked out of the room.

"And Lars, let me tell you what you need to know," Said Ubercorn.

*Two hours later*

Lars' POV:

Kyan, Xuli and Foz were tucked snugly into bed, fast asleep. Ubercorn and I stood in the Control Room, discussing about what they talked about.

"You remember the timings I told you? And the emergency numbers and when to call?" Asked Ubercorn.

"Yep, Medical help: 999. Police: 100 Fire Brigade: 102, Jet Pad mending: 101. And you: 666." I recited.

"Excellent," smiled Ubercorn, "Goodbye,"

"Bye," I Said.

I saw him climbing into his vehicle and driving off.

I looked. The Academy was really dark at this time of the night. It looked hallow and faded. I only heard the sounds of owls, crickets, and trainers' faint voices. I knew they had to manage themselves now Chelsea had gone to the meeting.

I went to my room, crawled into bed, and waited...

And waited...

And waited...

And waited...

I didn't notice my eyelids growing heavy, so I drifted off.

Will anything happen now? I thought.

Nothing.

Phew.

Knock! Knock!

What was that?

"Lars?"

Oh, boy.