Chapter 2: Trust Fall Fail

Foz's POV:

Kyan and I awoke around 7am, we stepped out of our rooms. We looked into Xuli's room, and we saw Xuli, tucked into bed, fast asleep, with a nurse gently tending to her. Lars wasn't seen until we arrived in the Control Room. He was checking the status of Jet Pad, he smiled when he saw us.

"Morning, Kyan and Foz." He said.

"Hey, Lars," I said.

"What's up with Xuli?"asked Kyan.

"She's ill," said Lars, "the doctor diagnosed her with pneumonia, she mostly prescribed rest, fresh air and fluids. I asked nurse Cassie to look after her."

"But didn't Ubercorn say 'call me if there's an emergency,' ?" Said Kyan.

"Yes," said Lars, "But I told him I can do everything myself."

"But what about Tim and Lily? Can't they help nurse Xuli?" I asked.

"I called Chelsea earlier, she said that Tim has a gymnastics test, and Lily crashed the Roarster last week, although it was a minor crash, she's still in hospital recovering. It's up to me. Why don't you play a little game until breakfast? Like..."

"TRUST FALLS!!!" cried Kyan.

"Good idea, Kyan," said Lars. "Have fun,"

****************

A few minutes, Kyan and I were in the living room, making our own ideas of Trust Falls. Nurse Cassie told us to make it quiet so we won't wake Xuli up. We settled on one of us standing on the couch and the other holding a cushion and holding it so the first person would fall on it. My funniest one is when Kyan yelled: "GERONIMOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!" aloud, and he landed on the cushion, sending feathers everywhere! Nurse Cassie ran in and told us to be a bit quieter, because we woke Xuli up.

However, the game ended up in a disaster and this is how:

It was my turn to jump on the cushion, but Kyan decided to play a 'joke' on me. I jumped and hoped I would fall on the cushion, but Kyan moved the cushion, I spotten that a split second later, and I stuck out my arms to try break my fall, but it totally failed. I landed on my left arm, then I heard a quiet crack!   I fell on my arm and by all of a sudden, I felt a stinging pain in it. It was real bad, so bad this came:

"OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

My yell of pain was enough to make Lars and Cassie come running.

"Foz?" said Lars, "Are you okay?"

"My-ow-arm is killing me!" I said.

"Hmmm..." said Cassie, "Let me take a look."

She knelt by my side and felt my arm. I pursed my lips to hold back another scream.

When she finished her examination, she said the results.

"Looks like you've got a hairline fracture, Foz, which means it's only a small break. But you need a plaster cast."

While Cassie made a cast and covered it with a light blue bandage, same as my suit. She knocked on the cast and said it was secure.

When Lars asked me about how I broke my arm I explained how. In the end, Lars and Cassie glared at Kyan.

"Kyan!" Lars hissed, "You broke Foz's arm! Apologize at once!"

"Sorry for breaking your arm, Foz." Said Kyan.

"Kyan, I'm left-handed. I might not be able to right for-how long, Cassie?"

"Three weeks," she replied.

"UGH!!" I yelled.

"Cassie, I need a tissue again." said Xuli from her room.

"Coming, Xuli!" said Cassie.

She ran off. Lars glared at Kyan one more time before leaving with me by his side.

"I'll get you, Kyan I hissed.

Kyan's POV:

Oops...