Chapter 5: Caught on the Act

Ubercorn's POV:

The meeting finished three hours ago, only I decided to pick up Tim and Lily from the Academy. Tim supported Lily, who hobbled on crutches to help her get around, I helped her get into a back seat next to Tim. I lead my car to Jet Pad. And the car entered the Launch Pad. I saw Lars, lying on the ground, looking dizzy and tired, with a nurse helping him stand up.

I stepped out of my car.

"Lars, are you okay?" I asked.

"U-Ubercorn? You're here already?" He asked.

"Um...yeah. The meeting finished three hours ago. I just went to the Academy to pick up the twins." I answered, "What happened to you?"

"The Vroomster shoved him sixteen feet across the Launch Pad," answered the nurse, "It was irritated Xuli can't ride it. So it shoved him."

Lars's POV:

As Cassie explained, one of the back doors on the car opened and a springy and jumpy little boy hopped out, laughing. I knew Tim anywhere.

As Tim opened the boot and took out some crutches, Ubercorn opened another back door and helped a little girl with a left leg in a cast and sling and a tiny hurt expression on her face, but otherwise she was smiling and friendly. However, I knew Lily long enough to know it was her even if she was injured.

"So...let me get things straight. Tim, Lily, help me out here:," Said Ubercorn, "So, Xuli knocked on your door just past midnight last night and told you she wasn't feeling so well, and you lead her to the Hospital, where a doctor diagnosed her with pneumonia, and called Cassie here to help look after her, without calling me and letting me know."

"Later that day," Tim continued, "You trusted Kyan to play trust falls with Foz, ignoring that Kyan has incredible trust problems, and made him break his arm. Even if it's a hairline fraction. And Ubercorn told you to never let Kyan play with Foz because it could end up in tragedy."

"In the evening," Lily picked up, "You did't notice Foz arranging a revenge for Kyan for breaking his arm and spreading peanut butter all over the meal, and you know Kyan's allergic to nuts. So that made have a severe allergic reaction and you had to lead him to the O.R., knowing you should've called Ubercorn."

"Then," Ubercorn went on, "You irritate the Vroomster, making it shove you sixteen feet across the Launch Pad and eventually hurt yourself by crashing into the Truckster."

Vroom-vroomvroom-beepbuzz-beep-BUZZ-VROOM!!

That was, as I knew, advanced Vroomster language, But Lily was the judge of that.

"'But Lars was so irritating! And he deserved to be crushed like that! Besides, Xuli isn't ill!' Vroomster, Xuli is ill, and you are being irritating!"

Vroo-

"'But-' No buts, Vroomster, any more from you and I'll crash you on purpose. So zip it!"

"'No butts'" I heard Tim smirk.

**************************************

"Lars," said Ubercorn, "You didn't call me when you went to the Hospital, nor when Foz broke his arm, nor when Kyan got an allergy reaction, nor when you got hit by the Vroomster -then again you couldn't call me- but you know that I know how to sort things out."

"Why do you mind about the phone calls?" I asked.

"Because," Said Ubercorn, "during the meeting, Dr Abigail got two phone calls from Dr Jòane saying you came to the Hospital twice, one during 2am, when they said Xuli has pneumonia, and the other during 5pm, when Kyan had his severe allergic reaction. It drove her crazy."