Chapter 6

Kassidy sat at the club's main lounge, waiting for Mister Hood to appear. On the opposite side of her, her boss, Greg, was casually reading something on his phone. And she, she was nervous. This was her first actual interaction and involvement in the main business of Hemmings Corporation. She was just always by her desk, sitting all day and just turning in reports.

"You alright, Kassidy?" Greg's voice snaps her out of her thoughts. "Me? I'm fine." Kassidy says to him. "It just looked like you were somewhere else. Is there? I mean, is there somewhere else you'd rather be, right now?" Greg asks, concernedly. "No. No. I'm just a bit-"

"Mister Hemmings." Another voice booms within the room. They both look up to see a man approaching, "Long time no see." The man opens his arms. Greg stands up, and gives him a firm pat on the shoulder. Kassidy stands up as well. "Who might this pretty lady be? You finally got into dating, eh?"

"This is my executive assistant, Miss Kassidy Warren." Greg smiles lightly at her. "Hello. It's nice to meet you, Mister Hood." Kassidy lets out a hand. "Let's drop the formalities for today, yeah? Please call me Calum." He says as he shook her hand.

Greg clears out his throat, "Shall we begin?" Calum retracts his hand, and turns to Greg, "Let's go."

"You know Calum, I was surprised when you reached out to me." Greg speaks up, as they walk towards the golf course. "Really. How so?" Calum asks, hands in his pockets. "I figured because of the events that happened two years ago." Greg says, straight up.

Calum stops walking and turns to faces Greg. At this point, Kassidy continued walking, figured that it was a bit of personal matters that she wasn't concerned with. She could still hear them talk, but not as loud. She could only hear what caught her attention the most, "Your brother was like a brother to me. He meant so much to me. To all of us."

And after that, she didn't want to hear any of this anymore. So, she stopped walking and turned to both men who were feet apart from her. They stopped talking once Greg took a glance at her, and realized they weren't alone. Greg turns to Calum and both started walking towards her. "Sorry for the delay." Calum says to her.

"It's alright." Kassidy replies. Greg positions his golf ball, and hits the ball with such perfection. "Looks like someone's been practicing." Calum comments as he goes next. "So Greg, I was thinking, since we have huge plans to expand next year. I was thinking of having end of month meetings. For, you know, making sure everything's align and all." Calum says, hitting the ball as it goes down the putt.

"Meeting once a month? That's not enough, Calum. We should meet at least twice." Greg suggests. Calum looks at him in disbelief, "Normally you would have agreed right away, knowing you, you probably have a number of these meetings to attend to." Calum says, amused. "This is just as important as those meetings. On the plus side, I can send someone on my behalf." Greg says, turning to Kassidy. 

Kassidy just smiles lightly as Greg turns to her. "I'm going to get us some drinks." Greg says as he walks off. Calum saunters to Kassidy, "So tell me, Kass, how long have you know Greg?" He asks. Kassidy raises an eyebrow, "Personally or professionally?" 

"Personally." Calum says, his brown eyes glistening in the sun. "I don't really know much about his personal life. Just what he wants people to know, that's what I also know." Kassidy shrugs. "You know, he's very different from his brother. I was his brother's bestfriend. We were in a band, just so you know." Calum says, examining the clubs. "A band?" Kassidy asks almost like she couldn't believe.

"I played bass." Calum says proudly. But before Kassidy could ask or say anything, Greg came with drinks in his hands. "What are you two chattering about?" He asks. Calum glances at Kassidy momentarily, "Oh, you know, boring Greg stuff." Calum jokes. "Make all the jokes you want, Hood, I'm winning." Greg says, as they walk off to the next course.

--

The day goes on, Calum and Greg talked about their upcoming partnership, whilst Kassidy made sure she jotted it down. Although there were some personal matters that kept coming up during the duration of their day. That led Kassidy to conclude that they had really known each other for years, maybe even since childhood. 

"I had fun today." Greg says to Calum as they all walk towards the parking. "Didn't know you still knew the word fun." Calum teases Greg. And they both laugh. "And of course, had a lovely time with you, Kass. You're fun too." Calum opens his arms, Kassidy hesitates for a moment to accept it. They hug momentarily, Kassidy spoke; "And it was nice meeting you." 

"I'll see you at our next meeting." Calum says as they all walk to their vehicles. Greg and Kassidy drives off. There were a few minutes of silence"Did you have fun today?" Greg asks her. "I did." Kassidy grins at him. Now, she was alone with her boss once again. "I hope Calum didn't make you uncomfortable or tried to be inappropriate with you." Greg says, glancing at her. "No, not at all. He's just, very, sweet." Kassidy stutters out.

She didn't know why her heart was racing. She has been talking to her boss all day, what made her nervous? "That he is." Greg agrees. "Why would you think that?" Kassidy asks, curious. Calum didn't even make flirtatious comments towards her. "Believe it or not, I've known Calum since childhood. He can be quite provocative." Greg says.

"He mentioned that he was best friends with your brother." Kassidy says to him. And instantly, Greg froze. Like he had seen a ghost or some sort. But he quickly relaxed after a few seconds. "They were in a band, together." Greg says. Before Kassidy could speak, the navigator spoke turning left in a hundred meters. It was  a few seconds before they had arrived at her apartment building. 

"Thank you for today." Kassidy says, unbuckling her seat belt. "You're welcome. I'll see you Monday, Miss Warren." Greg smiles at her before she went out of the car. She watched the car drove away as she heads inside the building, spotting a familiar patch of blond standing outside.

"Luke?" Kassidy calls out. The blond turns around, "Kassidy. I didn't know you lived here." He says, walking towards her. "What brings you here? You stalking me now?" Kassidy jokes. "I just, happen to be in the neighborhood." Luke replies.

"So who was that guy that dropped you off?" Luke asks. "So you are stalking me." Kassidy jokes again. "That was my boss. He dropped me off." Kassidy responds. "From what? a date?" Luke asks. "No. We were in a sort of informal meeting with a client." Kassidy says. "So, what brings you to the neighborhood?" Kassidy asks him. 

"There's this café around here that I love going to. I was feeling a little nostalgic." Luke says. Something was different about him, Kassidy thought. His eyes looked a little sad than they usual do. But of course, knowing him, Kassidy wouldn't get a proper answer. "Do you wanna come inside?" Kassidy asks. 

"Uh, no thanks. I should get going." Luke just looks down, briefly looking at her before smiling weakly and walking off. 

//

this is a rlly crappy chapter, had this one in the drafts for two months now lol