Chapter 31:

Wednesday Morning:

I had Idol playing on my Spotify as I walked into the school gates. Barely anyone was outside this morning. It keeps getting closer with each passing day. I opened the heavy metal door and walked down the hallway to my classroom. I could see some stares and mumbles about me as I walked by. The music was still playing in my ears meaning I couldn't hear what the people were saying.  I slid open the door and everyone stopped to look at me. Ignoring the stares I walked to my seat and sat down. My bag dropped to the floor with my jacket and all the peering eyes disappeared. The chairs of the seven popular boys were empty.

"Seolhyun." I took off my earphones and looked up to see Daehyun standing there.

"Yeah? What's up?"

"Want to practice during lunch?"

"Uh yeah sure."

"Ok." He smiled and walked back to his desk. The members came in and sat down.

"Morning" Taehyung whispered from beside me. He looked exhausted.

"What'd you do last night?" I asked slightly laughing. He plopped his head on the desk facing my direction.

"Long practice night." His eyes were droopy and it took all the power in him not to fall asleep right there.

"Seolhyun?" I looked up and saw a girl from another class. "Can I ask you a question?"

"Uh yeah sure." Taehyung was still too tired to lift his head to see who it was.

"Is it true you are adopted?" Taehyung's eyes widened and looked at me from the same position. The other members who had heard turned around to our direction.

" Why do you say that?" I asked confused.

"Oh, it's just that there is a rumor going around that you told someone you were adopted and they told everyone else." Everything that came out of her mouth was with innocent intentions but created a whole mess.

"Who told everyone that I was adopted?" She looked nervous.

"It was just a rumor I heard I don't know if it's actually true but-" She stopped midway and took a deep breath. She motioned her head to the side at the members and then down to Taehyung. My eyes fell down to Taehyung's. Eye contact was kept for a good second or two before I looked up. His head flew up now understanding what just happened.

"Wait, us?" he asked the girl abruptly. She stepped back and gulped.

"Yeah," I answered for her

"Wait, no we didn't!" he said defensively. I looked at him then back up at the girl and smiled.

"Yeah it's true, I'm adopted." She smiled and walked closer.

"me too, I've never met anyone else who has been adopted!"

"Well we are a rare species" I chuckled and she laughed.

"Well, that's all I wanted to ask. I should be getting to class. Bye!"

"Bye," she walked out of the class and I faced forward. Taehyung and them told everyone I was adopted. I really couldn't believe it. It didn't seem like something they would do. They told me they weren't going to tell anyone and they weren't immature enough to create drama like that. But then again I never really put anything past anyone. Everyone is capable of everything...

Did they do it? Did the not?

"Seolhyun, we didn't tell anyone" Taehyung said from beside me. His head no up with rounded eyes. I was still looking forward. I had heard what he said but my brain couldn't comprehend it at the time. Yoongi and Hoseok turned their seats around facing me.

"Really. We didn't tell anyone. You asked us not to, we would never do that to you." I shook my head coming back to earth. I looked at Hoseok.

"Are you sure?" I asked. Jimin, Namjoon, and Jungkook walked over to us. Jungkook sitting on Taehyung's desk and a Jimin on Hoseok's.

"No we-" Hoseok started but stopped.

"It's fine. It could've just slipped out while you were talking. I'm not going to get mad, zi just want to know."

"We didn't tell anyone Seolhyun. We promise." Added Jimin. I looked up at him and maintained eye contact long enough to read him. His eyes showed many things, guilt was not one of them.

"Ok. I believe you."

"Seolhyun. You don't understand we did-" Taehyung started but stopped "wait what?" I turned my head to look at him. He had a suprised expression on his face along with the most of the other members.

"I said I believe you." He was more taken aback.

" I don't understand" I internally laughed.

"You guys said you didn't say anything so I believe you. You guys didn't tell anyone"

"Thank you." He responded.

"Why are you thanking me?"I asked

"For believing us instead of someone else" I just smiled and nodded my head.

"Anytime kid."