Chapter Eight

We waited until his mom had left and I let the fake persona drop completely. I pushed him away from me so he wasn't holding me anymore and he growled in response. I couldn't care anymore. I walked back to the stairwell, just wanting to escape this horrible truth.

"Claire get back here right now, I'm not done with you"

"Yeah? Well I'm done with you" I snapped back, making my way up the stairs. He only grabbed at my arm, making me face him.

"Don't make a scene"

"You're the one that's doing that. I just want to go to the room. Is that a problem?"

"Spend time with me mate. Stop hiding yourself away from me" I went up close to him, right next to his ear so he would only hear.

"Maybe if I wasn't held against my will and treated like a prisoner, things would be different" he growled again as I turned and ran up the stairs.

He let me go this time. Didn't follow me. Didn't try to stop me. I only had one place to go to, that was my room. Rather his room. I don't dare say our room.

As soon as I was safe I slammed the door and cried.

This was pure torture. Being taken from those I love. Just to live a lie. Live a life in fear. I've barely made it though a week and I'm already broken.

I curled in a corner, I'm safe here. Right? I'm safe in a corner. I can only look one way. He can only come from one way. I can see him coming.

I don't want to be marked by him. Just the thought was haunting. He can't mark me. I can't be his mate. I can't be the Queen. I can't. I let my tears pour out.

I heard the door open but I didn't dare look up. The door shut and then running footsteps came to me. The person hugged me making me open myself to push them off.

"Get away from me!"

"Fairy?" I then wiped away my eyes and saw my brother.

"Oh Caleb!" I then embraced him.

He ran a hand down my hair, trying to calm me down. He's here. He's alive. He's okay. I then got out of the embrace looking him over, I gasped seeing an almost burn mark on his shoulder. Wolfsbane. It had to be. There was a similar marking on his neck.

"What did they do to you?"

"N-Nothing Fairy. Don't worry about it"

"Caleb tell me the truth" he paused. He pointed to his ear then to the door.

The bastard King was listening. He then wiped away at my tears, sighing.

"Everything is going to be alright okay? Please trust me" I know my brother. He never sounds like this.

It scared me so much to see the soul almost ripped away from him. The glimmer of happiness gone from his eyes. It terrified me. But I couldn't tell him that. All I could do was give him a sad look and hold him. He's here at least. He's alive and kinda well.

"I have to go now"

"No Caleb don't leave me. Please don't"

"I have to go train. I love you Fairy" he started to get up but I only held him down by his hand.

"No. Caleb. No. Stay here with me. You can't leave me. Please you can't leave me!" My voice rose a bit seeing the King walk into the room.

"No don't take him away from me! Don't!" I ran after my brother only to be grabbed by my waist and held down.

I struggled against the Kings arms, trying to kick and punch him. Caleb then took another glance at me, I saw he was crying as well. My brother is never hurt. He never cries. This isn't happening. It was only a stray tear I saw. Then he shut the door leaving me with the devil. He let me go making me stumble to my knees again.

"Claire I-"

"Why do you do this to me? Why? Why throw so much at me all at once? Why put me through endless torture just to break me down? Why do you do it?!" I screamed back at him not caring of the consequences.

"I don't like being yelled at" his eyes narrowed at me. I only copied his actions, letting the tears dry on my face. 

"I don't give a shit about your feelings because you don't give a shit about mine!" I yelled back.

"Your right..." he went down my level, smirking. "I don't give a fuck about human feelings. You guys get so emotional and think you have all the power in the world to make your problems go away. Yelling at me is only making it worse sweetheart" his whole persona changed yet again on me.

Then he reached behind me, I heard the chain. He put it on my ankle again, trapping me from moving. "Only making it worse..." he repeated.

Then he got up, his eyes flashing yellow. "You fucking bastard. You're just using me. I' use to be around people like you. You use people to help yourself isn't that right?"

"You don't know me like you think you do"

"How about you try me" then my head was whipped to the side.

His claw made contact with my cheek, slapping me. I gasped my hand immediately going up to it to feel a scratch mark. It was bleeding. Oh god.

"How's that for 'trying you'?" Then he got up again. I got up from my shocked state jumping in his back as he turned it to me.

He only growled in warning and I wrapped the chain around his neck. I pulled at it like it was reins to a horse. He grabbed the chain pulling it down and throwing me off of him and onto the floor. He then grabbed at my arms, pinning them at the wrist above me.

"You still struggle, you still fight me"

"Get used to it because I'm not being kept here as a prisoner without putting up a fight" I tried to kick at him but he only held my legs down with his body weight.

"You can fight all you want. You will never win" then he got up again letting me go. "You fight me again I won't hesitate to hurt you. Understood?" I spit at his feet, a bit of blood following. A look of disgust went over his face.

"Over my dead body" then he shrugged going to the door.

"So be it" then he slammed it on the way out.