Chapter Fifty-Six

Time has passed

Today was the day of the celebration. It's been stressful all week. Getting everything together, more public appearances, etc. Now everyone was starting to come in. All the packs. We had to greet them as they came up.

Each pack had a human, strapped to chains. All of them had minimal clothing on with gags in their mouths. Their arms were binding to the chains, being dragged along.

I tried not to look at them. I tried not to look at the helpless humans. It was disturbing, their muffled cries as they were dragged to the dungeon. Damien knew I was uneasy. Each time a human would pass, he gently squeezed my side.

Now it was Graysons pack approaching us. I frowned seeing him grinning. The human he had was a man, he was tall and muscular but he had a cloth bag over his head. It hid who he was, maybe Grayson did have some decency.

"My King and My Queen. I'm pleased Lupus Noctem is being celebrated again"

"As we are as well. I believe the humans have done enough and it's time to bring back our traditions" All I could do was stare at the human.

Then Grayson stepped into my field of view grinning.

"You look lovely tonight my Queen" he bowed in front of me but I only glared.

"Thank you for coming Alpha Grayson" his grin only grew, then he motioned to his guards holding the human to walk.

They did so going towards the dungeon.

"I believe you will be pleased with my human. He is very fiesty and I believe he will be your personal toy my King" The human in the chains tried to struggle out of the wolves grips, he was screaming into his gag.

"May the best pick get the honor then. Carry on Grayson" his tone with him sounded cold.

I don't think he liked the earlier comment. Grayson only bowed again then walked with his troupe behind him. I shivered again, getting out of Damien's hold.

"Is the scent coming off yet?" He forced me to shift last night to prepare for tonight.

We can't have anyone figure out I'm human.

"No you still smell like a wolf. Just take it easy and try not to engage with him. You should be fine" I could only sigh, moving my hair out of my face.

James then stepped forward looking between Damien and I.

"What next?"

"Ask around see if someone can figure out Graysons inner circle amongst the wolves he brought with him. Then eliminate them quietly" Damien ordered.

James nodded his eyes glazing over. I felt a slight headache and tried to figure out this new personality.

"Nice to be back again. It's been a while hasn't it" I smiled and nodded as Liam took over. He took my hand gently, smiling as well.

"Damien thought it would be best to keep me out, I'm less stress apparently"

He pulled me closer to him, putting his hands at my waist. I blushed a bit as my hands rested at his chest.