Chapter 5- i ate a bee hive

Shinso continues to walk down the corridor, The scared and wounds on his back hurting once again from contact.

Monoma follows shortly behind, wondering where the boy was off to..and somehow, shinso Didn't notice being followed as he began to run, out of the school and all the way into town. Monoma following a little behind, hiding away from view.

The indigo haired boy makes his way to an apartment complex. Probably his home Monoma whispers to himself as he watches shinso go inside the building.

He sneaks up behind the door once it's locked to overhear a conversation between shinso and, what Monoma had assumed to be Shinso's father.
Why are you home so early?
I was excused, father
Useless piece of sh*t! It was your first day!
I'm sorry father.

The tone of the man is cold and angry, similar to Shinso's own deep voice, but a lot more Violent. The blonde, who is now leaning against the door, listens harder as a silence falls upon them. A sudden
WHACK causes Monoma to jump at the sound. A small thump is audible a second later and Monoma panicks, he throws open the door, unaware of his strength. He might be a dick, but he wants to be a Hero.

But...he isn't ready for the sight that is on the other side of the door.
Shinso:on the floor, next to a broken bottle, shards of the bottle embedded into his face.
The father:half a bottle in hand, a drunk expression and a foot lifted up to step on the unconscious boys' head.
Monoma launches himself at the older man, pushing him away. He keeps the man pinned down, who was too drunk to fight back. The blonde pushes him into a room and locks it, before crouching beside shinso and calling an ambulance, and a pro hero.

The next day
Monoma stays seated beside Shinso's bed in recovery girls' office, until she turns to him and speaks.
"From what I understand, you just met, what makes you care about him so?"
"I don't know, it's something about him. I may or may not be crushing. We met last year a few times. He might have a cold personality but-"
"Child, I don't need a list."
"Right"
Both of the conscious people look to shinso, who has a large bandage around his head, chest and back, recovery girl speaks again. "He's gonna have a few scars on his face, back and chest"
"He'll hate that"
"We'll just have Aizawa give him the 'those scars are a symbol of your strength' speech. I actually heard that Aizawa might take him in."
"At least he'll be safe"

He boy in the bed stirs and recovery girl walks over to him, as fast as her short legs would allow her. Monoma scrams.