Chapter 1: Shocking Surprise

I looked down at my wrists. The scars had partially healed over from last night. I had to stop doing this to myself but it was so hard. Especially yesterday. Yesterday would've been our 3 year anniversary. I pulled down my sleeves to cover up the cuts.

I looked back up at the stage. One Direction was about to come on. I loved these boys. They were my everything. They were all I had at this point.

My parents had kicked me out as soon as I turned 18 and I lost my boyfriend of 2 and a half years, Kyle Dixon. He meant the world to me. I couldn't believe he had left me like that. He left me for my best friend, Jennifer Young. I thought that kind of thing only happened in movies.

So to wrap it all up, I've lost my parents, boyfriend, and best friend. I had nobody. The only reason I was able to come to this concert was because I was saving up the money I got from my job. My horrible job at McDonald's. I have been working there since I was 17. It's been two years but its the only way I keep myself from being homeless.

The food there is disgusting and knowing how they make it, made it even more revolting. I always went out for my lunch break. The hours were horrible. My manager scheduled me everyday and was even sexually assaulting me almost every time I worked. He barely gave me tonight off. I had to beg and plead and do some things I was extremely uncomfortable with.

But right now, none of that mattered. All that mattered was that I was about to see my boys live in concert. I managed to save up enough money for a front row ticket and backstage pass for afterward. This meant I was going to meet the five boys that meant everything to me. It was totally worth what I had to go through to be here tonight. Nothing could bring me down right now.

The video that played before the boys came out started playing. Just a few more seconds and I would see the five boys that have basically kept me alive.

Five. Four. Three. Two. One.

They ran onto the stage. There they were. Louis, Harry, Niall, Zayn, and Liam. The five boys who meant the world to me but didn't have a clue that I existed. But not for long.

They started singing the chorus of Na Na Na and then went into the first verse.

"We've got a bit of love hate. You take me to the edge then you hit the brakes. I say it's over one date but then I'm crawling back, begging you to stay. We make up and we break up all the time," Liam sang.

When the boys finished Na Na Na, the lights lowered and they started singing Stand Up as the lights came back up. "From the moment I met you, everything changed. I knew I had to get you whatever the pain," Liam sang.

I sang along and then my favorite line of all of their songs was sung. "It hurts me to think that you've ever cried," Niall sang as he pointed directly at me. I kid you not. He pointed right at me.

Anyway, they finished up Stand Up and the lights dimmed and came back up again. Harry greeted us, "Good evening New York."

The crowd went crazy. I think I went partially deaf.

Louis then gave a small speech. "You guys are absolutely amazing. This is probably one of the loudest crowds we've ever performed for. Thank you so much for coming out tonight and we hope you all enjoy what we have in store for you," he smiled.

Liam then stepped forward. "Massive thank you to all of you. Without you, we would be nowhere so we thank you. If you know the words to this next song, sing along," he said and walked back with the other boys. The lights dimmed yet again but the spotlights were on Liam, Zayn, Harry, Niall, and Louis.

The boys started singing I Wish. They sang the first verse, chorus, second verse, chorus, and then they got to my favorite part, the bridge. Harry sang, "I wish it was me with my hand on your waist while we dance in the moonlight. I wish it was me that you'll call later on when you want to say goodnight."