Chapter 9: Talk, Talk, Talk

“Guys, come on out of there already!” Louis pounded on the door.

We walked out and Louis whispered to us, “What were you doing? Having sex?”

“No, we were discussing her self harm,” Harry whispered back to Louis. Louis' face immediately went serious.

“Wait, what? Why? Did she...?”

“Yes, she did. I left her alone when she was extremely upset. I was stupid,” Harry answered Louis.

“For the last time Harry, it wasn't your fault,” I told him.

“Whatever, I still blame myself,” Harry said. I just rolled my eyes.

“Okay, well Harry, I need to talk to you,” Louis said before he turned to me, “I'll talk to you about your situation later, Megan.”

“Oh, okay,” Harry and I both said simultaneously.

Harry went back into the room with Louis and I joined Liam, Niall, and Zayn in the main room of the tour bus. “So how much longer until we get to Pennsylvania?” I asked.

“About an hour,” Liam replied, “Where's Louis and Harry?”

“They're talking,” I told him.

“What the hell? Why are you three talking so much?” Niall complained.

“It's personal,” I replied.

“Okay, whatever. I'm not that interested,” Niall said.

It got really quiet and then we all heard Louis in the other room shout, “You can't keep lying to yourself! You obviously like her! Stop denying it!”

“What is Lou going on about now?” Zayn asked.

“Something about Hazza liking a girl and denying it,” Niall repeated what Louis yelled.

I couldn't help but get butterflies. Was Louis talking about me? Does he still believe that Harry likes me?

Harry and Louis then came back out to where the rest of us were. “I need to talk to you, Megan,” Harry said, “Just not quite yet.”

“Oh, um, okay,” I replied.

“Well?” Louis said, giving Harry a stern look. He was waiting for Harry to say or do something.

“Hey guys, I need to come clean about something,” Harry said to everyone.

“What is it mate?” Liam asked.

“Well, for reasons that you don't need to know about quite yet, I had to lie to you about something,” Harry started.

“What?” Niall shouted, “What did you lie about?”

“Megan isn't my cousin. I've known her for just as long as you guys have,” he said.

It went silent. It made me nervous. What was everyone thinking? “Can somebody say something?” I yelled after about 30 seconds of silence.

“Why did you guys tell us that you were cousins then?” Liam asked.

“I told you. It was for reasons that I can't tell you about just yet. It's kind of a personal thing. Only Lou and I know because we noticed something about Megan,” Harry explained.

Liam turned to directly talk to me. “Why can't you tell us Megan?” he asked.

“Um,” I looked at Harry.

“If you want to tell them, you can. But if you feel that it's too soon for three other people to know, you don't have to tell them,” Harry told me.