Prologue: Tulpas explained

So, what is a Tulpa. You may have heard them referred to as "imaginary friend that became sentient", which I've come to realize might not be an apt description. Here is an explanation of what a Tulpa is, and how they come about:

Normally, your brain thinks for one person, you. (Duh! ) now, imagine if you stubbed your toe. How would your loved one react? Immediately, I'm sure you imagined exactly what you think your family would say, how they'd react. Perhaps you even heard this in their voice? You know these people so well, that your brain automatically predicted what they'd say.

Imagine if you trained your brain to think for a second person. Instead of always saying "I am X, I think this" you taught it to also say "I am Y, and I think this" sometimes, too. This would happen so quickly that you do it without realizing. The part of your brain that thought for Y (the tulpa) would soon begin to know Y so well that it devoted itself to Y. It begins to know itself almost as well as you know yourself. It thinks independently of the rest of your brain. Its own personality, thoughts, and opinions.

Our thoughts and actions are shaped by our experiences, as are a Tulpa's. They think, feel, and act like a real person. Perhaps they are a mental construct, trained neurons, but does that make them any less real? Are they less of a person because of how they are born?