~Devils Backbone~

Oh Lord, Oh Lord, what have I done?

I've fallen in love with a man on the run.

Chill bit at the pads of your feet as you walked on the freezing floor leading all throughout the apartment. Speedily you fast walked down the hall and threw yourself to the warmth and safety the bed radiated.

With not a single cloud in the sky, the night was freezing. Forecasters assumed rain but glancing out the window pane all you could see was the still nature, not a single drop of rain to be seen. You were curled up against your poofy pillow snuggled up in your fluffy grey blanket and watching Netflix, what could go wrong you thought. And that's when it went wrong...

The soft but unmistakable flutter of wings brought a smile to your face. You turn your head to look at the handsome fallen archangel's blue eyes to see them filled with worry but soon covered with a fake layer of happiness. You just shrug It off as Lucifer having a bad day but not wanting to talk about it and pat the space of the bed next to you nodding your head for him to come join you, but he still doesn't budge only staring.

"Luce what's wrong?" You question the archangel in front of you.

"Nothing" he murmurs.

You give him the "oh well that's bull" face until he gives in saying with a sigh.

"It's my dad."

"What about him?" You urge on.

"He and one of my brothers, Michael are trying to force me back in the cage." he said almost a whisper.

"Oh shit," you whisper under your breath, "What the hell did you do this time?"

"Nothing." He answers raising his hands at the accusation.

"Well why do you have your brother and not to mention God on your ass?"

"What can I say I'm famous."

You sigh standing up in your sweatpants and band shirt stepping in front of your side table next to your bed. You pull out the drawer pushing earphones and chargers around trying to grab hold of your angel blade and angel killing gun. Both of which you had gotten from Lucifer for protection against angels or hunters who didn't like the idea of someone dating the devil.

"What do you think your doing?" He asks.

"Helping you," you pause sighing, "I'm not letting them take you away from me if there is anything I can do about it." You state.

"No I'm not letting them hurt you."

"Luci," you walk up to him staring him straight in the eyes, "I've killed dozens of angels before on hunts I can do it again to an archangel I'm sure. Now can you zap me into proper clothes please." you say softening you voice.

"Thanks." you give a warm smile before you lean in to give him a peck on the cheek.

Oh Lord, Oh Lord, I'm begging you please

Don't take that sinner from me

Oh don't take that sinner from me

"Okay so where to?"

He opens his mouth to tell you the answer but is interrupted by a crashing sound of glass breaking coming from the living room down the hall.

From instincts your hand goes to grip your gun and pull it out.

As you near the door you stop hearing a metallic sound echo through the room you look around the room looking for who made the sound only for your e/c eyes to land on Lucifers hand to see his archangel blade in his hand. You let out a sigh that you would say was a bit to loud. Lucifer turns to see your hand covering your mouth with wide eyes. You mouth a silent sorry to him, he shrugs it off and you both continue to find the intruder both you and Lucifer wielding weapons in hand.