(Her last wish.) Mara Sov X Male! Reader

Plain and simple, Riven was returned to the light, but not for the first time.

Thanks to (Y/N) and his five close friends, the Dreaming City was saved, and the taken were once again slowed. But (Y/N) wasn't finished yet.

While the rest of his fire team decided to celebrate, the Warlock decided to investigate. It was his nature, after all. The Siren Of Riven had spoken to him, and it's words struck his heart.

"All that power, and you are still just a retainer to the Awoken Queen."

He knew she was somewhere else, and that she wasn't dead. After all, she had spoken to him when he first entered the City, along with Petra.

And now he was determined to find her.

(Y/N) had been lost for ideas, so he decided to assist Petra by activating the Blind Well and letting his thoughts wander. The taken there didn't really bother him anymore. The gifts the Techeuns gave him were enough.

Just as the last Herald went down from his Nova Bomb, it dropped something. Curious, (Y/N) picked it up and examined it. Queensfoil. From his studies and some words from Ikora, he knew that if someone drank it, they would become ascendant.

He went back to Petra and asked about it. She told him, with a smile, that using it and removing a powerful deity would allow him to possible visit the Oracle.

With more progress than ever, (Y/N) was quick to destroy Inomia, a taken Herald of the Plague. Then something appeared in his pocket. (Y/N) removed his helmet, letting the Ahamkara skull rest on a step. The whispers from it were getting annoying, anyway.

The Warlock took the offering to the Oracle, and presented it. The rings swirled and danced, and in the center, a portal formed. Something in the back of his mind told him Mara was in there.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Inside, it was silent. Stars swirled above him, and the somehow empty ceiling seemed to be extremely tall. (Y/N)'s steps were loud against the marble as he slowly walked down to a throne.

And someone was on it.

Mara.

Slowing, the Guardian kneeled in front of the throne. But she didn't acknowledge him. She wasn't even looking at him. (Y/N) stood and softly cleared his throat. "Queen Sov, my name is-"

"What are you doing here, Guardian?."

The six words had sorrow and pain behind him, but her voice was smooth and warm.

"I was looking for you. Petra Venj is worried about you."

Silence.

"I did not want any company. But you freed my Techeuns. Removed Riven. And for that, I must thank you." She shifted in the throne, her sharp blue eyes glowing brightly. 

"Where are your friends?" (Y/N)  shifted, making sure not to break eye contact with the Awoken. "Celebrating. I believed there were more important matters to attend to." The Warlock gently flicked his eyes across her figure, but his helmet blocked her from seeing his staring.

She was wearing something new, colored off white and dark blue. Much like the weapons he had received from the City. The dress was small, with her long legs exposed. She had her legs crossed, which made her thighs squish together like-

"Guardian." Her voice was sharper. Did she know? "Remove your helmet. Kneel." She snapped her fingers and pointed her finger to the floor to the right of her throne.

Slowly, he took off the Ahamkara skull helmet and stepped over, kneeling by her side. Maras hand rested on his hair, and she began to gently stroke his hair.

"What was your wish?" She purred, looking down at the human with a warm gaze. The hand rubbing through his hair made his thoughts hazy.

"I wished to be loved."

As soon as he said it, Mara stopped rubbing his hair, and slid her hand down his cheek. One finger went under his chin, and lifted it slowly.

"Your wish is granted."

That was all she said before the Awoken Queen leaned down and kissed him with her plump, warm lips. It only lasted a few seconds, but for (Y/N), it lasted a lifetime. When she pulled away, her nebulaic skin on her cheeks was flushed a deep purple.

"Thank you."