Glossary

Before I start writing I want to include some words that I'll be using throughout the story that you might not know if you're not familiar with the Omegaverse AU's.

Secondary Gender: Alpha, Beta, Omega. This is what will affect whether one can make others pregnant or be impregnated themselves. It also affects whether one goes into heat, rut, or neither.   Secondary genders tend to appear around ages 14-15 in Alphas and 15-16 in Omegas.

Alpha: the "top-dog" of the secondary genders. They make up about 30% of the general population. Alpha's have the ability to impregnate others although only female alphas can be impregnated (Although, it's very rare for that to happen). Alphas tend to have a more stronger physique and have protective-like traits. Alphas can go into rut, Betas and Omegas can't.

Beta: betas are right in the middle. They make up 45% of the han population. They are like average people basically. Although, they are able to detect and pick up pheromones/scents given off from an Alpha or Omega. They give off pheromones as well but not as much as an alpha or Omega might.

Omega: omegas take place on the lowest part of the hierarchy. They make up approximately 25% of the general population. Both female and male Omega's can be impregnated. Only males are able to pregnate others, although it's very rare. Omegas go into heat every month, Betas and Alphas don't.

Marked: a scent gland resides on the neck of every Omega. If bitten by an alpha, it can pair the two together as mates. This occurs by a process called "scent bonding". Bonding will only last three months. An Omega can also be marked if they are knotted by an Alpha.

Mates/Bonds: There are two ways an Omega and Alpha can be bonded. 1. Being that the neck scent gland on an Omega is bit by an Alpha. And 2. An alpha knots an Omega. Once the two are bonded, they are now mates for two months. Once mates, their smells provide comfort for each other- when apart for too long, they can get extremely stressed. Heats and ruts are also less strong. When a bonded alpha smells another Omega (that's not their own) heat pheromones, they are less likely to go into rut.

Scent/pheromones: Omegas give off a really strong pheromone while in heat. Alphas tend be incredibly attracted to this smell, even more if their already attracted to that Omega. Omega's, during heat, get extremely turned on if they smell an Alpha's Pheromone.

When not in heat or rut, both Alpha, Betas, and Omega give off a scent. Heat and rut pheromones smell the same as their normal scents, except it usually has a slight sweeter smell, which is the heat/rut pheromone itself.

Heat: From 5-7 days in which an Omega releases a strong pheromone to instinctively attract an Alpha. During this duration Omegas are extremely turned on until their heat is over or until they are knotted by an Alpha.

Rut: if an Alpha smells Omega heat pheromones, then it's very possible that they go into rut. Rut is when an alpha gets extremely turned on. (kinda like Heats, but they only last an hour or two or until they knot).

Knot: during sex, right before climax, an alphas knot will increase in size so that the Omega and Alpha are stuck together. This will last approximately 3-5 minutes. This insures pregnancy with the Omega. If the Omega isn't on birth control and in Heat, there is a higher chance of pregnancy.

Suppressants: Suppressants are able to be taken (during or before) to suppress their pheromones during Heat. It also makes the Omega less turned on which allows them to continue working or going to school without missing a whole week every month.

Nest: Right before Heat, Omegas have an unconscious habit of creating a nesting and collecting items for it. Sometimes this will includes items like a shirt, or perhaps even a pencil from an Alpha (even if not mates). Nests are usually places where their heat will take place or, if pregnant, will go for a month or two before birth. They often go here when stressed and in need of comfort. Nests are typically in places where others wouldn't be. A closet, for instance. Omegas are very particular about their nests and prefer others not to be around it. Alphas that they are bonded to make an exception to this rule.

slick: (Male and female) Omega fluid that is excreted when in heat. It's not present during any other time except heat.