Chapter 5

When it rains it pours....

        Sai x Ino

.........
.
......
Day light grew, intensifying it's luminance as the minutes ticked by. The bed side clock kept on ringing it's alarm, announcing to the room it's hour but she paid it no mind... Sakura sat there on the ground, her eyes red and swollen, nose a rich rosy shade as the last drop of tears made it's descent.... Her body felt lifeless and the world around her dead and long forgotten.... She couldn't bring her self to move, to get up and carry on with her day as usual when all she wanted to do at the moment was to crawl her way into a ditch and rot, to let weather and soil have their way with her body until nothing remained, not even one strand of bubble gum pink hair....

But she knew she couldn't. To give into her pain was just another way of her showing weakness and weak she didn't want to be any longer; but having to deal with Kakashi after everything that transpired between them last night was definitely out of the question... To walk into that office and be met with his beautiful face would only be detrimental but she couldn't hide her self away at the hospital, a place where she knew her services were truly needed..... But was she safe there though? No she wasn't and it seemed Sakura had just found her self between a rock and a hard place... Having to chose between the lesser of two evils, to either stay home and privately wallow in her sorrows or head out to work to carry out her daily duties and publicly wallow in her sorrows...

It seemed the former was the better of the two, and having undertaken the latter she probably would have crumbled under the weight of her own stupidity each and every time her and Kakashi's eyes made four ...... So with a plan in mind Sakura began to implement her idea, moving with a speed to her steps that wasn't there seconds before... Hurriedly she snatched out her cell and began to dial the only person she knew that was actually helpful in these kind of situation....... Seconds expired before her friend picked up and in a rush Sakura pleaded and begged Ino like a sad puppy asking for hugs to fill in for her.

"You know forehead", the smiling blond sighed warily on the phone whilst she paced from plant to plant, spritzing each flowered item with water... "I was somewhat expecting this call you know?"

Panic rose in Sakura's throat like a huge lump, clogging her wind pipe as though it wanted to choke her.. Did her friend knew what happened, had the blond somehow used her family's jutsu on her during her slumber?.. impossible but still, Ino Yamanaka was always ever known to be a sly one. Never the less, Sakura knew that the idea was somewhat stupid to even entertain, and that there was no way her best friend knew what had transpired between her and Kakashi last night. She must have been talking about something else entirely.... "You were?..... Uh- why?" What followed after that question was a loud gasp from the other side of the phone and quite a lot of swearing, all directed at the pinkette.....

"Sakura Haruno have you air trapped in the huge ass forehead of yours?.... Seriously child," dramatic as ever the blond decided to use her head phones after needing her free hands to work with the flowers in her family shop ... "Sakura it's March 3rd... Don't you remember love... I assumed that's why you called, you know, to ask me to fill in at the centre while you pay your respects at your uh-" ahh, and there it was, that sweet caring voice of her best friend, lowering itself and mixed with sincerety and concern... March 3rd, Jesus Christ how could she have forgotten that date.. it was practically stamped onto her brain like a brand; marking her entire being as to ensure she never forgot.... The day her parents died... As if it were possible her entire world had altogether crumbled yet again. First this thing with her sensei and now, oh fuck her parents death anniversary... The world wasn't being fair, never had it been towards her and now she felt lost, so hollow; staring at a huge picture of her mom and dad mounted on the wall above her fireplace and feeling like the worst child ever.... Shit, but she couldn't let her best friend know she had forgotten..... "Yeah Ino, i-uh. That's why I called actually. Since it's their anniversary I was thinking about taking the day off you know and well"-