The Chicken Eater

"I've brought you a present lord of bones," Ygritte said calling after a man in a grouping of wildlings. Jon and Naerys were bounded by rope. Jon was being towed by Ygritte, while another wildling dragged Naerys. 

"I've already got one crow, don't need three" responded the resummed lord of bones. The man stepped aside to reveal Qhorin Halfhand, an elite member of The Watch. 

"Mance would want to question these lot. They know about where the crows are and what they are planning" argued Ygritte.  

"The Halfhand knows more, these ones are just little children. Gut them!" the lord of bones ordered. 

"They could have killed me half a dozen times"

"And now he's wishing he did. Gut them!"

"He's a bastard of Winterfell. Ned Stark's Son. And she's some lost princess. Mance would want them"

"What would Mance want with a dead man's bastard and some white-haired whore"

"I don't know, think he'd want to decide for himself." 

The lord of bone walked closer and examined Jon and Naerys closely before stating in a cold voice, "They run, I'll chop his balls off and rip her pretty hair outta her head"

"They run, I'll do it me self," said Ygritte pulling Jon's ropes tighter in order to get a firmer grip. 

The Wildling man walked away. Ygritte turns around and looked Jon in the eyes. "We're even now, Jon Snow," she said before casting a glare at Naerys and pulling Jon to move. 

The Wildlings grab Jon and Naerys once again and forced them down to kneel next to the Halfhand.

The three crows took a moment to take a breath. Jon turned to his superior. "I couldn't do it, I had a sword in her neck but I just couldn't-"

"I know," said the Halfhand cutting off Jon's words of regret. Qhorin continued to look forward, not meeting to eyes of either of the two. 

"The others?" asked Naerys, using her voice for the first time since she's been captured. She was angry. Angry at Jon for getting her into this mess. Angry at herself for being foolish enough to not go against her friend. 

"They went looking for you" replied the Halfhand grimly. "Found your tracks fast enough, but they found us before we found you" 

"They died because of me," Naerys said in despair. Qhorin looked up at the pair. His face was bloodied and all hope was gone from his eyes. 

He looked Naerys straight in the eye before shifting his pointed stare to Jon. "See that is wasn't for nothing" commanded the elder member of the Watch. 

It was in that moment that Naerys understood that only two of them would be making it out of this situation alive. 

The wildlings came and pulled their prisoners onto their feet. They began their trek to the wildlings camp.

The wildlings had Naerys walking up front with Jon and Qhorin Halfhand being dragged shortly behind her. The white-haired beauty was preparing herself for what was to come. She knew that things were only going to get worse.

"Mance is going to march on the wall. When he does one brother fighting inside his army is well over a thousand fighting against him" whispered Qhorin to Jon.

"They won't trust us" replied Jon in the same hushed tone.

"They might if you do what needs to be done"