The Cross Roads

Naerys lay in bed basking in the memory of last night. 

The cold air nipped away at her naked body that was only covered by furs. The air did not bother her however as her thoughts kept her content. 

She remembered everything. 

The way he kissed and caressed every inch of her body. 

The way they were so tough but loving towards each other. 

The way that their bodies fit together like a puzzle. 

In those moments everything was perfect. But like everything good in life, it had to end. 

Naerys got up from the bed and started to dress. Tormund had left earlier to do his duties. It was hard for him to leave his tent, especially since the love of his life was sleeping in his bed. But like any great leader, he had to sacrifice for his people. 

"Most men fuck like dogs." Naerys heard her love saying as she entered the campfire clearing. "Arf, arf, arf. No grace, no skill. A few dozen cuffs, done. You need to be patient, give her time. Your cock should not go near her until shes slick as a baby seal. And then you go inside but slowly. Don't jam it in like your spearing a pig." He went on laughing. He smacked Jon's bak playfully and then yelled at the camp to start moving.

Naerys just smiled at Tormund teasing Jon before walking away to continue her duties and packing up the last of the camp. She wondered if any of the other knew what transpired between Tormund and her the previous night. She wouldn't be surprised if they did, the camp was small and everyone was on high alert for any signs of enemies. 

They started to move, their destination was Castle Black and they had a couple days march ahead of them. 

Naerys dreaded getting closer. It meant she would have to choose sooner or later. No it wouldn't be her choose but Jon's. Despite her growing connection with Tormund, Jon would always come first. She knew her wilding lover may never understand but the need to have Jon's back was like a natural born instinct. 

These past weeks in the wilding camp have questioned her sense of right and wrong, good and bad. There was too much grey area between the wildings and the men of castle black that Naerys did not know how to navigate through their conflicts. All the free folk wanted is to be safe from looming death, but all the black brothers knew was to keep the people of the seven kingdoms safe from what they view as the threat. Neither side was positively wrong, but neither side was also right. They were of the same flesh with only a wall in between, the only thing fuelling their hatred of each other were preconceived notions that were past down through generations.  

It was less than a days march when they reached a small holdfast with no surrounding houses. The group were ducking between the stone wall while Orell scouted the property. 

"Only one old man and eight good horses" he reported when he made his way back. 

"What's one old man doing with eight horses?" asked Tormund. Naerys, Ygritte and Jon were huddled around them. The five made up the leadership of the group. Tormund was the true leader, Ygritte was their best fighter, Orell for is warging, and Naerys and Jon for the knowledge of the land. 

"He's breeding them for the knight's watch" answered Naerys. 

"What keeps folks from stealing them?" asked Ygritte.

"The watch protects him" answered Jon.  

"Not today they don't. He's selling horses, he has some gold in there." stated Orell maliciously.