42

~Roselyn's POV~

"Stop that!" I gasped, looking up at Luke as he came closer, his swim trunks low on his hips. "What?!" He laughed, swinging the broom at me. It hit me in the thighs, causing me to yelp and jolt away. "Stop hitting me with the broom!" I exclaimed, glaring at him.

He swung it at me again in response, the handle hitting my hip. "Ow!" I cried, backing up more. "Stop!" I whined, but he just chuckled. "Get in, then!" He encouraged, nodding his head to the pool. "I don't have my swimsuit on, Luke!" I frowned. He shrugged, poking me with the end of the broom in the stomach. "I don't care. I asked you to put it on and you wouldn't!" He reminded, raising a brow at me.

He grinned and hit my thigh again, gesturing to the pool. "Get in." He repeated. I looked down at my clothes, shaking my head. "But, Luke, it'll be cold when I get out." I whined, pouting. I looked back up, screaming in surprise as his body collided with mine and we both fell back into the pool. The cold water engulfed my body and I opened my eyes beneath the water, pushing Luke's hands off of my hips. I pushed up off of the pool floor, popping my head above water as he popped up in front of me with a stupid smile. "Ugh, you asshole!" I yelled, smacking his chest.

He laughed, grabbing my wrists to stop me from hitting him. "Aw, you're so cute when you're angry." He taunted, and I groaned in frustration. I tried to pull away from his grip, struggling against him. "Let me go!" I exclaimed, annoyed with him.

He shushed me softly, releasing my wrists and wrapping his arms around my waist as he pulled me up against him. I leaned away, pushing at his chest as I glared up at him. "You're pissing me off." I snapped, gasping as he pushed me back against the pool wall. "You need to calm down." He smiled, peering down at me. "Please let go." I requested, sighing deeply. He removed his hands from my waist, my tank top floating in the water a little.

"You're not wearing a bra, I see." He chuckled, backing away from me as his gaze locked on my chest. I looked down and saw my white shirt was see-through, but I couldn't find it in me to become embarrassed. I sighed deeply and leaned my head back, sinking deeper beneath the water. "And you're an idiot, I see." I mocked, causing him to raise a brow at my tone. "What's wrong with you?" He asked, frowning. I shrugged, my hands fiddling with my shorts. "Nothing. Sorry." I sighed, swimming closer to him.

"I'm just being a brat." I muttered, looking up into his eyes. He hummed softly, grabbing my wrist and lifting my hand out of the water. "Yeah, you are. I'm just bored, sweetheart." He pouted, pulling me closer to him. "We're the only ones here and Mia is..." He pursed his lips, shrugging. "What?" I frowned.

"Is something wrong between you and Mia?" I wondered, concerned. He sighed deeply, releasing my hand to grab my waist and pull me against him. "Yeah, you could say that." He muttered, his other hand playing with my hair as it floated around the water. "Well, what happened?" I pressed, staring up at him. He sighed again, shrugging slightly as he frowned. "Um, I think she's using me." He said, causing me to pause. "What? W-Why would you think that?" I asked, confused.

"The only thing she ever wants me to do when we hang out is either buy her a bunch of shit or fuck her."

I stared up at him and noticed the frown on his face, looking upset. "I'm sorry, Luke." I sighed, but he just shrugged. "It makes sense. She hasn't talked to me in years and then she suddenly wanted to talk when she found out I was doing this show." He explained, his eyes peering down at me.

"So, are you still talking to her?" I asked, curious. He slowly nodded, causing me to frown at him. "Yeah." He muttered. "Why? You just said she's using you." I scoffed. I didn't understand. Why would he talk to her still if he knows she's using him? "I...I like her, Rosie." He said quietly, making me sigh. "Right." I mumbled, frowning. He bit his lip, looking down at me. "So you're just going to let her use you?" I frowned, feeling his fingers softly dig into my side. "I don't...I don't know if she is, though. It's just a thought." He excused, only making me purse my lips.