Flashback: Moving to Nashville

1998
Third Person

It's been three years since Debbie adopted Savannah and she immediately stuck to Jason who over that time has come to be very protective of her as if she were his biological baby sister.

Walking past the living room she hears her adoptive mother whom she has taken to calling Mom on the phone and the words "my baby boy is going to Nashville" stop her in her tracks because Jason hasn't said anything to her about him going to Nashville.

She quietly as not to alert Debbie that she heard runs up to her room and locks the door as the panicked feeling seeps into her and she starts feeling like she's being abandoned again, which causes the tears to fall harder because since she met Jason he took her under his wing and he's become her safe place and now she feels that it's being taken away.

Savannah

I go digging through my room throwing boxes everywhere to find the papers and the picture we took the day of my adoption. He was leaving me and hasn't said anything about it. I find what I'm looking for and mom has such a smile on her face she and Jason were so happy when she had signed those paper. The lady in the home had taken the picture of the three of us and mom had it framed.

I was so nervous sitting outside that door it was shut and Debbie and Jason were inside with Ms. Angela discussing the paperwork and adoption plan. Elizabeth comes up to me we had been friends since she got here a couple months ago. "You're free huh?" I nod my head giving her a weak smile when she pulls me into a hug.

 "For now," I return the hug and Jason comes out to grab me telling me the good news. Immediately I see sadness in Liz's eyes that she tucks away quickly. "I'll be back to see you Lizzy," she pulls me into a huge hug and I wipe the tears from her eyes.

I'm broke from my moment by a knock at my door, "Vannah open up are you ok?" I hear Jason at the other end but I don't want to see him. I can't stand to say good bye.

 "Yeah Jason I'm fine," he knows I'm lying he always knows.

"Dammit Vannah, sorry mama. Open the damn door what's wrong?"

 "Nothing I said I'm fine," he breaks down my door and sees my room a mess and me holding the picture in my arms. He gives me a look "Vannah, please talk to me I know something is wrong

I look up at him with tears glistening in my eyes "I heard mom on the phone your leaving. Everyone leaves I lose everyone. Why can't you stay Jase," he holds his arms open and I find my way towards him in his arms.

"Baby I'm only going to Nashville, I'm taking you with me. Your my little sister I cant leave you I need you by my side just like you need me," he kisses the top of my head and wipes my tears. "Savannah Mae I will never leave you I promise"

I look at him excited and worried, "what if something happens Jase. What if you don't make it big? What if," he shakes his head smiling down at me.

"I have you by my side your my little songwriter. If I don't make it we can always come back home. Mama signed custody over to me I'm your guardian now. Baby sis we got this." He hugs me tighter and I relax in his arms as he pulls back "let's get you all packed up and ready to go alright Vannah?" I nod "okay Jase"

I have a huge grin on my face and I see mama by the door I run and give her a big hug. "I love you mom," she kisses my cheek and hugs us both tight "Awww my babies, I love you both so much"

****
First few chapters will most likely be flashbacks due to setting up the main story.

SamanthaGriffin7 helped a lot with the first person part of the chapter she came up with  it I just added a few things to it.

We have so many things that are going to happen here some will be cute, others may be sad and of course there will be happy moments so buckle up guys and enjoy the ride.