Chapter 2

Third Person

After the show Vannah can't help but smile, she really enjoyed the show she is waiting backstage with her mom and Jase leg bouncing nervously up and down just wondering what Jase has up his sleeve with the strange conversation from earlier drifting through her mind.

They are waiting for Luke to finish up before he joins them backstage and Vannah finally finds out the truth that she has been looking for since she was a child.

Luke comes in and sits across from Savannah unsure of what to say. He looked at Jason for help but all that got him was a shrug. Luke let out a sigh and pulled out his wallet. What better way to start this than her picture? He hands the picture of the four them. Vannah looks at Luke confused. "How did you get this? The little girl is me but who is this?" She pointed to Luke.

"That is me. Jason saw the picture when we were hanging out one day and asked me who the little girl was so I explained that it was my little sister that we had to put up for adoption when she was real young."

"Wait you're telling me I'm your sister?" She was excited and suddenly scared he was her idol she loved his music and him as a person sure she thought he was good looking but who wouldn't, but she wasn't in love with him like most of her friends now she knows why

Vannah turns her attention to Jason for a moment "how long have you known about this? And why didn't you tell me before?" tears slowly welling up in her eyes "you knew how much I wanted to know about them"

He took his hands in hers then wiped the tears from her eyes, "not long Vannah I swear to you. I wanted to tell you as soon as I found out, but I wanted this to be special for you. Happy birthday sis." He kisses her cheek and wipes the other tears falling now.

"I'm still mad at you but thank you"

She takes her hands from his and crosses them over her chest. "You should have told me Jase just knowing is special meeting him means the world it may have even meant more if I was meeting him for the first time as my brother. I won't know you took that option from me." She looks at her mom "did you know?" She shook her head no.

"No sweetie... I had no idea, when I adopted you it was a closed adoption meaning that I knew nothing about your birth family"

"I thought I'd make this special Savannah" Jason walks out "thought anyways sorry mama for bringing you out I didn't think my sister would be so ungrateful," he says sister with such a snarl as he pushes through the audience.

Vannah

I could have been in the audience thinking that was my brother performing, but no Jason couldn't tell me.

Flashback

"Lukey don't leave me pease" Lukey held me in his arms as I scream. He's crying too "I be good tell mommy pease I be good, I pomise I be good." I cry hard.

"Vannah I promise sissy I'll find you again," he gives me a kiss and a picture of us that I put away.

"I remember now. I remember that day. Luke you promised you'd find me, and you did." I smile at Luke like he hung the stars he never broke his promise. Luke nodded at me he found me. "Why?"

He huffed out a breath and his shoulders slumped "we didn't have any money to take care of you Vannah I could help on the farm, but you were still too young. I was used to that life, you weren't, and they wanted better for you. I heard them and busted in you were my best friend I didn't wanna lose you."

****
Here we are chapter 2, Vannah is finally learning the truth about where she came from.

Also just wanted to say thank you to SamanthaGriffin7 because this is a collaborative story between us that meaning some if it is written by her and some is written by me.