one

word count - 977

harry woke up to an ache all over his body.
his head hurt, his eyes hurt, his back hurt, his ass was in agony.

his heart was in pieces.

that was the last straw. he couldn't take it off his father anymore, he'd had enough. he just wanted to feel safe, for once in his life he wanted to feel safe in his own bedroom, he wanted to feel pretty and happy and nice. but thanks to his twisted father he never had, since he could remember all he had felt was guilty and dirty and wrong. except for when he's with louis, they'd been bestfriends since before his momma died, and that's a long time. harry always had a feeling that louis was curious about harry and his father, and he couldn't wait for the day where he could just say the words.

"my dad abuses me"

it would be like his first ever breathe of fresh air, and before yesterday when he had to stay home with his "father", he was unsure if he'd ever be able to get that breathe of fresh air, but now he knew it wasn't just something he wanted to do, it was something he needed to do.

"pretty" had always been a complicated subject for harry, complicated because to him it was most simple thing in the world. but everyone else seemed to have different ideas. he wanted to be pretty, he wasn't pretty and he probably never would be. he had a lot of wishes like: i wish my momma wasn't gone, i wish i could run away from daddy, i wish i could tell louis everything.
his main wish though, that he'd had since he could remember, was "i wish i felt pretty".

he knew that was impossible for someone like him, but he tried. his room was pretty, when his father wasn't messing it up, and he wore pretty skirts. but after all these years he still didn't feel pretty.

he knew that if he finally got his shit together and stopped feeling sorry for himself and did something about what he was being put through that it would all stop. some of his wishes would come true, they weren't that hard when he really thought about it, and after realising he wasn't only putting himself in danger, but other people by letting his father walk around free, he decided that he would be fucking pretty. because he deserves it.

♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡

he dragged his sad, bruised and pale body from his bed where he was tangled in his many pink blankets. he got so cold in the night time. something about being in a quiet house in the dark knowing that his father was a wall away made him shiver, he'd woken up a few times in his lifetime to his father's desperate hand down his pyjama bottoms. he hated night time.

him and louis had got themselves into the habit of staying on the phone until the early hours of the morning. louis loved speaking to harry and harry adored speaking to louis, louis wanted to make sure harry was safe and harry wanted to feel safe.

he got ready for school and face timed louis to show him his outfit and to see if he was ready to pick him up, he didn't want to waste another second in that house.

"morning love, you ready!"
"yeah lou, look at my skirt today!", harry squealed, doing a twirl.
"ooh pretty haz! where's it from?"
"i don't remember. my dad got it for me", he muttered, smile faltering.

louis could see the gleam in his green eyes fade slightly, he looked over his shoulder at the door and looked back at the camera smiling, "you ready lou? i wanna goooooo", he giggled.

louis was happy with that, he wanted harry to be happy. but it was their last year of school and hopefully they can move in together when it was over, they'd talked about it since they were 10. they were going to buy a flat and be roommates, like a permanent sleepover!

"okay bub i'm leaving now yeah? i'll meet you up at your room don't worry"

he knew harry preferred when louis came to his room to collect him, he hated when he had to walk out of the front door to louis by himself. louis hated that, but he was doing all he could to keep his best friend happy and safe.

when louis arrived he knocked on the door, harry's dad opened it with a frown, no words were exchanged, he just stepped out of the way so louis could enter. that annoyed louis, when they were together in public, like with louis' mum, he'd be normal and polite. but behind closed doors he was ignorant and walked around like a fucking zombie. he'd always told harry "you can tell me anything you know", harry knew what he was talking about and it made him sweat. he's always just nodded his head.

he glared at the man before sprinting up the oh so familiar stairs and running into his best friend's arms and tackling him onto the flower patterned bed. they both giggled and stared at each other before harry grabbed his hand tightly and they began their way down the stairs to the door.

harry was holding his breathe.

"be a good boy harry!", his father shouted from the kitchen as they opened the front door. his face went pale and he pulled on louis' arm, making him leave the house a little faster. he didn't want to live like this anymore, and he was strong enough to put an end to it. he knew it. he had louis by his side, and he had been strong enough to survive the hell his whole life.

he was going to do it.