four

word count - 652

walking to school was hard, all harry could think about was how nice it was to have louis' hand in his, and how in a few hours he might not ever feel that feeling again.

first two periods went by way too fast for his liking, and when the bell went off it was like a stab in his heart. it was like it was mocking him, he knew it was break time, and it just rang in his ears to prove it. it made him jump, and louis eyes looked into his worriedly. he felt bad that he'd lied to him for his whole life, louis' going to hate him.

they walked towards the library, hand in hand like usual, and harry was happy he could hold his hand one last time. louis was confused, was harry going to kill himself? he was acting like this was his last day on earth, smiling at their hands like he'd never do it again.
he'd been staring into space all day, louis didn't mind that harry hadn't been listening to him, he was just worried.

when they sat down in their usual chairs in silence, it was unnerving for both boys. louis was staring at harry, who was staring at his lap, eyebrows furrowed.

"you okay haz?"
"oh, yeah i'm just nervous"
"about dinner at yours tonight?"

that dinner thing louis was talking about this morning. it was at his house? this was not how things were supposed to go at all, he'd have to go home to his father?
in his leggings?
after plotting to send him to jail?
and sit at a table with jay and louis?

the plan was crumbling to pieces around him, and he just sat there trying not to get crushed by it all.

"haz? i told you this morning, sorry my mum and your dad organised it, we haven't come round for tea in ages"

"it's okay", harry whispered.

louis was more than confused, harry was more than terrified, his life was over.
what if his dad punished him while louis and his mum were over?

"wait, what are you nervous about bub?", louis said slowly.

"i just had something to tell you but it can definitely wait, how long do we have left of break time lou?", he said, voice cracking.

"5 minutes why?", he said, looking at the big watch on his tiny wrist.

"oh"

he sighed.

"i was just wondering if we had time to go to yours and get a skirt for me to change into"

"oh why haz, you cold or summat?", louis questioned, crouching down to meet harry's eyes.

"y-yeah", harry lied.

"aw babes, here, have my jacket", louis cooed, having his jacket around harry's bony shoulders in seconds.

harry was drowning in it, it was comfy, and it took his mind off of everything bad for a second. he blushed and closed his eyes, breathing in louis' smell whilst he could. louis beamed, grabbed his hand and pulled him along to their next lesson.

harry kept having to leave class to go to the toilet, louis was concerned. he looked more and more pale as the hours went by, and when they left school louis was practically dragging him to his house.

"come on haz your dad and my mum are probably waiting for us!"

harry stayed silent and kept his head down. he didn't know what he was in for when he got home, he wasn't sure if he wanted to or not. every possibility was running through his head.

he could punish him whilst lou and jay were there, he could wait and go really hard on him. he could last all night, or maybe even make him stay home the whole day tomorrow again. it seemed he was getting more merciless, if that was possible.

what had he done to deserve this?