six

word count - 1638

"mum! we're going to my room!", shouted louis.

the car ride was tense, harry felt like the biggest burden on the planet. and all he could think about was if louis had actually figured it out. maybe he concluded something worse? or something completely different.
he kept staring at the back of louis' head, wondering what tornado of images were sweeping through it. it'd be so much worse telling him the truth, he'd be in louis' house, with louis' family. if he hated him when he found out it'd be so fucking humiliating, he'd have to leave in front of everyone.
he'd taint the wallpaper in his room with the words he was going to say out loud.

all louis could think about was his best friend, and how fragile he must be. how everyone had been acting normal around him for years while he always had this secret hanging over his head. he felt terrible, like the pit of his stomach was being blended.

they got to his room and louis sighed, he'd had enough of the silence. he patted the place next to him on his bed for harry to sit down.

"haz. explain"

he tried not to sound angry, but firm at the same time. but he saw harry flinch so he grabbed his hand instinctively.

"there's nothin to explain", he mumbled, staring at the carpet.

"right. we figured out it was your dad you're scared of. why?"

harry just shook his head as his eyes clouded over with tears. it was all happening so fast. and not in the way he planned. he just wanted to go to sleep. forever.

"does he hurt you?"

he nodded.

"by doing what?", he whispered, not actually expecting harry to answer.

"he touches me", he whispered, louis barley heard him. but he did. and that was all the confirmation he needed.

that disgusting cunt was still at their house, watching football and having a beer. after touching his harry.
his precious harry that was nothing but kind and polite to everyone, his harry that was sweet and thoughtful and gentle. and that monster had been taking advantage of him right under all of their noses.

he tackled harry into a tight hug and they fell back onto the bed. that was not how he expected louis to react at all. he hadn't slapped him or run away or retched. he was ecstatic. but wary. it must be too good to be true.

they lied like that for a few minutes as they listened to each other crying.

"where?", louis croaked.

"hm?"

"where did he touch you?"

"everywhere"

"with what?", he asked. definitely not wanting to know the answer. but he had to.

"himself"

at that louis let out a sob, squeezing harry tighter and he started to stroke his hair. he could feel harry shaking in his grip.

they led like that for a while longer before they had to deal with reality.

"we need to tell my mum"