Extensive Author Note

Hello!!! Here comes the author's ramblings!

I wrote all of this just recently when I suddenly got the inspiration for Abe x OC fic lol. I was actually thinking of what kind of girl would make Abe interested, given that he's a total baseball idiot...

The answer that came up to me was consolidated into the character Aizawa Erina.

1. Someone older. I think Abe needs someone older because as I have mentioned, he's a total baseball idiot. He devotes his life to baseball. Nothing else crosses his mind. That's why I think even if he manages to get a girlfriend, the girlfriend will be secondary to him. A girl his age will most probably ask the question, "Do you choose me or baseball?" On the other hand, older woman who is equally busy with her own life can fit in nicely into Abe's life.

2. Someone with knowledge related to baseball. This is important, because Abe will not even talk to them otherwise. But, I think that if it's someone with too much baseball knowledge, Abe will not see them as potential dates (and it's hard to build a fitting backstory aksjsk). So, I pair Abe up with someone who can actually broaden his horizon and see baseball from other angles.

3. Someone who hits on Abe first, as this guy definitely won't pursue love on his own. Girls who do not make a move won't catch Abe's attention. Well, Aizawa did not really hit on him first, but she is the ~popular~ type of girl who easily gets guys line up to be her boyfriend (I don't explicitly mention it in the story... but I hope it somehow gets through...). It plays a huge part in making Abe realize he actually can develop romantic feelings lol.

The first part "The Sparks Begin": I wanted to write in greater detail, but I realized it'd be too many chapters, and I usually drop a project when it drags on so... I wanted to keep it short, and I had to rewrite the plot many times, so that at least it looks believable how the two got together. I feel that it still doesn't do justice to the story I have in my head, but I have done my best, and I want to publish it ASAP too. Basically, Abe and Aizawa click because of the reasons listed above, plus the naturally (and perhaps strangely, somehow-y) developed connection.

The second part "The Sparks Afterwards": It's intended as a short epilogue and showcasing that Abe indeed cares for Aizawa. He's just a clumsy guy, and he's too busy with baseball already. Well, I don't actually have much experience with romance and dating, so I fill in the gap with guesswork, really. Abe x Aizawa is not the lovey dovey pair, tbh, but with this part I want to show that while the reason they get together may be flimsy, their relationship is just starting.

Setting: I try to match this fic to actual timeline in the manga, and I think I've done quite a good job? Since I don't actually remember these chronological details... I have to cross-check every now and then oof.

Sports science: I don't actually know much about sports science, I only google it a bit. Most of what I describe in this fic is actually based on biomedical engineering. I'm sorry for any inaccurate portrayals!

Fanfic style: This is my style of fanfic, really. You can find on my profile two fanfics on Kuroshitsuji, both with OCs. I love writing OCs. And I try my best not to write OOC / out of character too. I do want to write fanfic without OC, but it's just that I haven't gotten the urge (and inspiration) to write one tbh. And this is my writing style, too. I'll be glad if you check my original stories, where I write exactly the same way as I write my fanfics.

Abe Takaya: I don't actually need to say it, but I love Abe. He's my favorite chara in Oofuri. I only want to say this. I LOVE HIM.

Cheers,

SylphWolf

🎉 You've finished reading Sparks: Abe Takaya's First Love | Ookiku Furikabutte / Oofuri | Big Windup 🎉