[Prologue]

I'm 35 years old now and as I look back on my life so far I've achieved nothing.

I'm Jobless and homeless well not exactly homeless I live in my parents basement.

I'm overweight, ugly and a nice guy who regrets how I've lived so far.

This past few years I've managed to ignore all the people in my life and isolate myself in room

only going out when I need food or a drink. When I'm in my room I spend my time reading

manga and playing my favorite game right now Otaku Paradise.

I don't like talking to people so how was I suppose to know my Parents passed away.

I heard a loud knocking on my door and did my best to ignore it, but my siblings rushed in, dressed in mourning clothes and declared that enough was enough and they we're severing all relations with me.

"Y/N how could you miss our parents funeral didn't they mean anything to you !" my older brother shouted. Soon my sister and younger brother joined in.

I ignored them, and my younger brother retaliated by running past me and smashing my computer into bits with a wooden bat.

"What the hell !" I said as I lunged at them but I was quickly overpowered and beaten up in return. They soon chased me out of the house even though I sobbed and begged for forgiveness it wasn't enough. They cursed at me telling me how much of a failure I was and told me to never come back.

My heart was completely broken.

"What did I do wrong?"

What should I do next? maybe find a job or part time job, then a place to live in, and buy some food.

Damn it how it come to this if only I had tried in life I wouldn't be in this position. As I walked around looking for a convenient store it began to rain.

"Great just my luck." Somewhere in the heavy rain, I heard people arguing.

What's that commotion about?

It's annoying. I don't want to be involved. Even though I was thinking that, I was walking to that direction anyway.

"---- That's why, you----"

"You're the one-----"

Entering my sight seemed to be three high school students having a lovers' spat.

Two girls and one boy. They were dressed in causal clothes but the guy was wearing really expensive clothes and just seemed like a jerk.

It seemed there was some sort of a love triangle going on. The taller girl was quarreling with the other girl, and the boy was trying to mediate even though he had a hue smirk on his face, but the two quarreling parties weren't listening at all.

Most be nice I thought to myself.

Suddenly, in that instant, I realized, a truck was charging towards the trio at a tremendous speed. Also, the driver of the truck was lying prone on the wheel.

He was driving in asleep and the three still hadn't noticed.

"D-d-d-Danger!!"

I tried to warn them by yelling, but I haven't used my vocal cords fully for a couple years, and the cold rain made it impossible to hear me.

I had a gut feeling that if I didn't save them, I would regret it five seconds later. I would absolutely regret it if I saw those three people getting smashed into a bloody pulp by a truck.

I ran and hobbled along towards them.

My legs were not moving as I wanted, as I had not moved them much for the past few years. It was the first time in my life that I wish I had exercised more.

It hurt. It hurt so much that I couldn't run, but I still ran because I can't let them die.

The arguing boy hugged the girl when he noticed the truck approaching in front of his eyes. The other girl had his back facing the truck and had not noticed, was merely surprised by his companion's sudden action. I grabbed her collar without any hesitation and used all my strength to pull her back. The girl was pulled away and fell to the roadside, out of the truck's path.

Yes I did it I saved them.

Just when I had this thought, the truck was already in front of me. I had just planned to pull them from a safe distance, but as I pulled them back I slipped forward.

It was to be expected. As a result of sprinting with my trembling legs, I got dragged forward by the momentum.

I was sent flying onto a concrete wall by the the truck

"Puhh.....!"

The air in my lungs was pushed out. My lungs spasmed.

I couldn't utter a sound. But I wasn't dead yet. The accumulated fat was probably what saved me......

But once I thought that, the truck appeared in front of my eyes again.

I was flattened like a tomato between the concrete ground and truck.