Chapter 1

A/N: Before I get started I would like to say; This is my first story on Wattpad and it has been a while since I have written. I HAVE written other stories before but they are on my Quotev account. Please do try and read the first three or so chapters before deciding whether you like it or not because my style may be rusty to begin with :)

 Samantha's P. O. V

A wisp of light brown hair fell across my face as I lay quietly on the floor of a large room. My face so close to the ground that I could feel the heat radiating off the large tiles. The large cat-like creature in front of me circled me curiously. Sniffing my combat boots suspiciously. I exhaled lowly, my breath making my grey shirt flutter slightly as a low, comforting growl escaped my mouth. The animal immediately purred at the sound and nuzzled my side. I'd succeeded, it trusted me. I stood up, my hand on the horse like snout. The room I was in was large enough to contain two large elephants, yet it contained only one creature, a magnificent Iron tailed Ukrainian Tigeron. A Tigeron is an ancient crossbreed of the giant Bengal tigers and small Ukrainian dragons. the Ukrainian tigeron's were thought to be extinct until I had found One a little under a year ago, a large cut along jet neck, hiding from Ukrainian hunters as they had hunted and killed the rest of her kind. She had been under healing medication for early a year so I hadn't been able to tame/get to know her yet. The majestic creature in front of me had a tiger/cat-like head with scaly wings perturbing from the soft, short furred back and a long fluffy tail. I named the Tigeron Ruby, due to the large red stripe running across both her wings.
'Samantha, come help me with the Nifflers, they only listen to you! ' came a voice from the other room. I smiled happily, the Nifflers were my favourite to take care of.
'Coming Alex,' I replied, giving Ruby One last part before heading out of the large doors. Alex was my best friend. His mother was Queenie Goldstein whose sister Tina Goldstein was my mother. My father, the famous Newt Scamander was best friends with Jacob who's Alex's father. Alex and I are extremely close, although we are cousins, we spend so much time together we are practically siblings.
I walked through the large, spacious outdoor setting, calling out to the many magical surroundings as I continued towards the small room near a ladder. I stopped quickly at an open cage about 20 meters away from the ladder. The cage contained a sleeping creature. A small Niffler about the size of a baby guinea pig. I rolled my eyes as I realised that the other three were pawing at my legs, trying to climb my spray on leather jeans to reach the shiny necklace hanging around my lightly tanned neck. I leaned down and gently grabbed the Nifflers around their middles and plonked them softly onto to floor of the cage before closing and locking the door tightly. It didn't take long for them to dress their tiny bodies against the Bars of the cage and reach for me with their cute little paws. I knew what they wanted and they were so cute I couldn't resist. I sighed and unclasped the necklace from around my neck and placed it on the floor of the cage. My favourite Niffler, a gorgeous brown one with big blue eyes pounced on it abruptly and hid it in its pouch. I laughed quietly before continuing towards the ladder where I could see a converse shoe disappearing.
I quickly climb the ladder and find myself in a small cottage that belonged to Alex. I looked to my left and saw a tall, blonde, curly-haired figure wearing a large hoodie and sweatpants.

'Alex!' I cried, rushing towards him and engulfing him in a huge hug.
'Hey Sammie, good to see you too, ' He replied, using the nickname he had called me since we were kids. I looked up at his brown eyes and smirked.
'When did you get here? I've been staying here for three days and you haven't shown up until now!'
'I was visiting Hagrid. Apparently, he had a Hippogriff!' Alex replied. Damn, he should've brought it home! I thought. "No, I shouldnt've brought it home. One hippogriff is enough work!!" He said. Alex inherited from his mother, the ability to read minds with ease. I always thought that it was an invasion of other people's privacy, but Alex and I are so close it doesn't really matter to me. The other Hippogriff we own is Ellie, who is a beautiful, snowy white Hippogriff that had been a birthday present from my father, along with his magical case, containing all his magical creatures.
I let go of Alex and reached down to close the case. I flicked the locks and straightened up.
'How about dinner then?' I asked, my stomach rumbled after hours of being with the animals.
'Dinner? It's 9 am!' exclaimed Alex incredulously.

'Come on boys!' A tall, red-headed man yelled out across the forest. 'We've got to get these dragons back to their places before my family arrives otherwise my mum will have a fit!.'
'Alright Charlie, we just got to get the Horntail away from the Firebelly otherwise the whole forest will burn down!' another tall man called back as he shot a silver jet of light towards the dragon standing in from of him. As the silver made contact with the stream of fire exiting the dragon's snout, the flames disappeared and the dragon whined sadly.
The red-headed man smiled triumphantly as he and the other man led the dragon round behind the tents.

They emerged from the back several minutes later, having secured the dragon. The red headed man dashed round to the front as he spotted a clump of people, all with flaming hair like his own.

Charlie's P.O.V

'Charlie!!' Cried the youngest girl, running to hug me.
'Hey Ginny, good to see you all.' I replied, grinning genuinely. I greeted the rest of my family before turning to the man behind me.
'James, this is my family. My parents Molly and Arthur, My younger brothers, Percy, Fred, George, And Ron as well as my sister Ginny.' I said, pointing at each person in turn.
Mum smiled warmly and shook his hand in greeting.
'Lovely to meet you, Bill is sorry he can't come but he is abroad for work.'
James and Bill had met the year before when we had both gone to England to visit them in the way to pick up a large Welsh Dixon a friend of mine had found.
'James, why don't you show everyone around, I need to have a word with Charlie.' Said Dad, before gesturing to me to walk with him.
Fred and George winked at me. 'What've you done now?' Asked Fred.
'Can't be as bad as us, we blew up a toilet last year!' George said, both twins grinning identically.
I rolled my eyes and followed my dad through the trees, I grabbed a branch as it snapped back to slap me in the face, catching a glimpse of my calloused and scratched hands as I went.
Dad and I reached a clearing before he spoke.
'Dumbledore has asked me to give you a message.' Dad said, on a low voice.
'Why couldn't you say it in front of the others?' I replied curiously.
'Strictly speaking, they're not supposed to know.' He said looking at me sternly. I nodded in understanding. 'This year, Hogwarts is going to be hosting the Triwizard Tournament.'
'NO WAY!' I exclaimed in excitement. 'They couldn't have done it while I was in school.' I moaned. I would have loved to do that.
Dad hushed me. 'Yes, now do NOT tell your brothers, especially the twins. now Dumbledore sent me to give you this.' He held out a scroll, with slanted writing wresting Charlie across the seal.
Dear Mr Weasley,
This year Hogwarts will be hosting the Triwizard Tournament. One of the tasks will involve dragons and I cannot think of anyone more fitting to bring the dragons for the task. You and a small crew will be allowed to stay at Hogwarts for the duration of the Tournament. If you accept, please send word back to me and bring 3 dragons to the field behind Hogsmede in exactly 2 weeks. Hagrid will meet you there.
Yours sincerely,
Album Percival Wulfric Brian Dumbledore
Order of Merlin, First Class

I finished the letter and looked up at my father in shock.
'They are using dragons as the task?!' I exclaim. 'Isn't that dangerous?'
Dad only shrugged. 'With you and your team there it should be safe.'
'This is amazing. I'm going to write back straight away!'
I ran back to my tent and grabbed a roll of parchment and a quill. I wrote out a letter accepting the offer and called an owl over.
'Take this to Albus Dumbledore at Hogwarts' I whispered to a tawny owl as I attached the scroll to its leg.
The rest of the afternoon was spent with my family, hearing all about the Twins plans for the year and Ron's adventures with Harry Potter. I hardly listened to anyone, bursting with the news of the Tournament.
As I said goodbye to my family the next day, I only had now thought on my mind. Which dragons do I take?

***

A/N: Just so you know, I wrote most of this on my phone so it probably has a different format to the rest of the chapters. Sorry. Hope you like the story!! Also, I know that realistically, Newt can't be Samantha's father because of the timing and all, but I really wanted to write it like this so please deal with it lol. I will update as often as I can :)

If you liked this chapter please vote for it and add this story to your library :)