Chapter 3

Third Person P.O.V - *The Next Day*

Samantha groaned sleepily and checked her watch. 4 am. Already way too early. Sleepily, she slipped out of bed and pulled on loose clothing. 

She finished off her casual outfit with a pair of fluffy boots, her only shoes that would make little noise when moving through the tent. She reached down beside her bed to grab the case that she had carefully placed down the night before. She walked out of her room, careful to take light steps as she approached the kitchen so as not to wake the others. 

Samantha set the case on the large, glossy brown table and went to the kitchen to make a cup of coffee. 

When she returned 5 minutes later she jumped violently and had to muffle a scream, almost spilling her full cup of coffee down her shirt.

"Couldn't sleep either?" Asked Charlie, who was sitting at the table, bathed in darkness, giving him an ethereal, rugged look. 

"No, I take it you couldn't either?" she replied, taking deep breaths to recover from the shock. He nodded.

"Too quiet. I'm used to sleeping with loud noises in the background, you know, living with dragons and all." He mused, seeming untired. Samantha just nodded in understanding, sipping her coffee. 

"So what's with the case?" Charlie asked curiously, eyeing the brown leather. Samantha smirked.

"The case was my fathers, I don't know if you've heard the stories, but it's pretty amazing," Samantha explained, looking at his face for signs of recognition but there was none.

"I've heard a lot about your father but I never heard of a case. What's in it?" 

"Do you want to see?" she asked, smirking at the expression of incredulous delight that spread across his face at the words she spoke. 

***

"So, this is my case," Samantha said, gesturing around the small room at the bottom of the ladder they had climbed down through the case's opening. Charlie looked around in disappointment.

"Sorry to be disappointed but I was expecting something much more macho." He said. Samantha just grinned. 

"You've barely seen anything yet!" They walked out of the small door, Charlie was so tall that he had to stoop slightly to fit through. 

As they exited, Charlie stopped, his jaw dropped and his eyes practically bulged out of his head. They had walked out of a tiny room and into what looked like space the size of Diagon Alley, but instead of shops, was filled with all the creatures you could imagine, in a makeshift version of their natural habitat. Samantha looked at him, her hazel eyes sparkling with excitement at his reaction.

"What do you want to see first?" She asked.

"All of it!" He breathed back in awe.

"Come on," Samantha said, tugging his arm forwards, "Let's see the Nifflers first."

***

"Wow!" Charlie exclaimed as they came to face the snowy white hippogriff.

"I named her Ellie, she was my birthday present," Samantha said, happy Charlie liked Ellie. 

"You got a hippogriff for your birthday!? The best present I've gotten was a new set of robes!" Charlie replied. Samantha laughed, her melodic laugh rippling through the quiet air, making Charlie shiver.

"Do you want to ride her?" She asked him eagerly. "We can see the animals from above, there's still one I want you to see." They'd seen the Nifflers, Occamy, Bowtruckles, Tigeron,  and Phoenix.