Chapter 4

Aiyana's POV

Interrupting Lo and I's conversation, Lo's doctor walks pulling a clipboard from under his arm.

"Mr. Jones, how are you feeling?"

"I'm doin' ok, still in pain though" Lo said as he adjusted himself in the bed

"Ok, I'll have a nurse bring in some pain killers for you"Lo nodded agreeing with the doctor .

"Other that that, are you having any other complications?, can I get you some food or drinks from the cafe?"

"Nah, I'm good " Lo said pointing to a tray filled with food from earlier that he hadn't touched.

"Ok, you should be able to go home in a few just let me write up your prescription and get you those pain killers.

"Thanks" Lo said as the doctor exited the room. Minutes later a nurse entered sitting Lo's medicine and a bottle of water on the bedside table.

"There you go" she said shooting Lo a smile before exiting the room.

"Do you wanna grab some real food after this ?" I asked

"That sounds good to me" Lo said as he popped the two pills in his mouth before taking a big gulp of his water. Moments later the doctor came back in, giving us the ok to leave and giving Lo his prescription.

After helping Lo into the passenger side of the car I walked around to the drivers side and slid into the driver seat. I looked over at Lo before starting the car , I could see he was still in pain. the clock on my dashboard Read 8:30am. and I subconsciously yawned.

"So what do you want to eat" I asked pulling out of the parking lot.

"Anything is cool ma" he said rubbing his head and resting it back on the head rest .

"Ihop?"

"Yeah that sounds good "

Weaving through the streets, it didn't take long to reach our destination. Looking over at Lo , I saw that he had fallen asleep so I lightly tapped him on his thigh to wake him up.

"Hey we're here" I said as he opened his eyes .

I helped Lo walk up to the restaurants entrance we Seated ourselves and waited for our order to be taken.

"So are you ready to tell me what happend last night " I asked putting my phone down on the table. Lo looked up from his menu and I could see it in his eyes that he was reluctant to tell me about it.

"You said you would tell me everything, so tell me" I said trying to pull it out of him. He let out a sigh and he closed his menu and placed it on the table.

"Alright alright, last night after I drooped you off I had some business to handle at the trap--"

"What do you mean the trap?" I asked cutting him off.

"Hold on shorty I'm getting there" letting out another sigh he continued to explain.

"The trap is where my people get the work and break it down" he continued.

I gave him a confused look, and he held his hand up sensing that I wasn't sure what he was talking about.

"Work as in drugs" he said looking around to see if anyone was listening. Shock ran through my body as I remembered how he dodged my questions last night about what kind of business he was into.

"That's what you meant when you said you where into distributing?!" I said slightly raising my voice .

"Calm down, I'm sorry I lied to you but what was I supposed to say? Hey I'm a drug dealer and I wanna take you out for dinner?" He said before pausing to look at my furious expression.