01 || Beginnings

━━━━━━━━ ❆ ━━━━━━━━

𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐂𝐡𝐫𝗼𝐧𝐢𝐜𝐥𝐞𝐬 𝗼𝐟 𝐍𝐚𝐫𝐧𝐢𝐚:
𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐋𝐢𝗼𝐧, 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐖𝐢𝐭𝐜𝐡, 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐓𝐮𝐫𝐭𝐥𝐞𝐬

》 𝙰 𝚃𝙼𝙽𝚃 𝟸𝟶𝟷𝟼 《
𝙵𝚊𝚗𝚏𝚒𝚌𝚝𝚒𝚘𝚗

━━━━━━━━ ❆ ━━━━━━━━

****

The night was dark in New York during the year 2025 when the Turtle brothers are just below the age of seventeen years old. Public sirens went off to let everyone in the city know it isn't safe to be there anymore because bombs were being dropped by enemy planes. People believe this is the very start of WWIII and the world has met its doom at last.

Before his chaos began, mutants of all shapes and sizes were allowed to finally live in peace with humans just ten some years ago... The Brothers and their father, Splinter had lived in an apartment in the city, just blending in as citizens.

People of New York were very welcoming of them and it was rare for any issues to start-up among them. It wasn't all bad until destruction hit the States harder than steel. But this isn't the case.

The second oldest, Raphael looks out the window in curiosity inside his family's apartment. Lights flashed, people screamed, and multiple booms and crashes went off. He knows he and his brothers can't save the city this time; that's what killed him inside. Eventually, the power to all citizens of Manhattan's connection to phones had gone out. No one is doing great.

"Raphael!" Splinter came through the bedroom door. "Get away from there!" He pushed his son away and drew the drapes to cover the outside. "What do you think you're doing?! Leonardo!" Splinter clutched his son's shoulders.

The eldest son came in quickly. Leo is seventeen years old and Raphael is just sixteen. "Quickly for the shelter downstairs, now! Get your brothers." Splinter ordered.

"Come on!" Leo grabbed Raph's shoulder and pushed him through the halls of the apartment.

Donatello who is the same age as Raph went into Mikey's room, he hid under the blankets with his hands on his head. "Dad! Leo!" He cried. Donnie shined his flashlight in his brother's face.

"Mikey, come on!" Don brought his fifteen-year-old brother out of bed.

When the brothers got what they needed, they followed their father, Splinter downstairs to their personal shelter. This is the best way to avoid being burned alive and have a chance to get through this terrible evening.

But the most stubborn of all, Raph went back. "Wait! Mom!"

Leo tried to grab him but missed his brother's clothing. "I'll get him!"

Splinter looks back on the stairs. "Raph, no! Leo, come back!"

The high-pitched dive is growing nearer outside the apartment complex. A second bomb from the enemy country is coming right for their home. "Raph, come here!"

The turtle in his red mask kept going so he can find a family photo of him and his whole family before their mother died when they were five years old. She was Splinter's wife and obviously a rat who cared so much for these four mutants. Just when Raphael was going to snatch the photo from the living room, the bomb hit, causing all windows to shatter and nearly collapse the building.

Leonardo and Raphael coughed from debris going through the air. There's too much commotion going on here and there was a slight chance they won't make it out alive. "You idiot, get downstairs!!"

It's like it was never going to stop! The bombs and planes kept coming like it was a storm. People were clamoring in Time Square, looking for a shelter, and just trying to stay alive at this point. Most of the city is destroyed.

But now Leo shoved Raph down the steps and into the shelter behind a door where Mikey, Donnie, and Splinter took cover in. Raph lands on a pile of blankets with his family photo in his hands and faced his worn-out brother. "Why don't you think about anyone else but yourself?! You're so selfish! You could have gotten us killed!"

"Stop it!" Splinter roared at Leo.

Mikey and Donnie whimpered in a corner of the shelter where the houses from outside are muffled, much quieter. All they have is each other, their two other brothers, and their father, Splinter.

Leo breathed in disappointment. "Why can't you just do as you're told?" He looks down at Raphael.

Raph glared at him, not saying a word. Splinter hugged his second eldest son as Leo slammed the shelter door to see the room had blackened.

The outside is silent.

****

Just a teaser until the first chapter!