04 || Wood

Michelangelo didn't feel the slightest danger coming from Tumnus. Together, as they walked, Mikey and his faun friend laughed and cracked a few jokes to amuse one another. They were having such a great time, they had forgotten about the frigid temperatures and large dancing snow flakes.

With each passing second, Mikey noticed that his surroundings looked the same as before. The trees, ground, and sky were still white and grey. Then, Tumnus walks ahead toward a massive rock with a steel door placed smack in the middle of it, indicating to Mikey that this is his home. "Here we are. Come along." Tumnus says to Mikey.

The mutant turtle grinned before following the faun into the cozy home. Tumnus was so polite, he chose to let Mikey into the home first. Right away, Mikey felt the warmth of the fire coming from the mantle toast up his light green scaled skin.

Tumnus closed his umbrella, shaking the snow from its material. He scanned the trees, making sure that he and Mikey were not seen together. As soon as Tumnus was finished taking a gander outside, he retreats back into his hom to Sll Mikey having his own personal tour of the home. "Whoa..." Mikey set down the packages and sees a picture frame with another faun. He lifts up the old and heany frame to have a better look.

Tumnus smiled at Mikey. "Now, that-- that is my father." Tumnus says happily.

Mikey smiled. "He looks a lot like you."

Tumnus turns his back for a short moment to set his house key on top of a hutch. "No. Not I'm not much like him, really."

Mikey set the photo back down on the table. "I don't see my father anymore...war began at home."

"My father went to war, too."  says Tumnus

Mikey didn't mean it like that, but he let Tumnus think what he wanted.

Tumnus cleared his throat. "Well, it was many years ago... It was before this dreadful winter."

Mikey replied, looking at Tumnus' bookshelf with a ton of funny titles. "Winter isn't that bad. There's ice-skating, snowball fights, oh, and Christmas!"

Tumnus thought it was nice to hear his new friend ramble on about the positive things about winter. But as soon as Mikey mentioned 'Christmas', Tumnus lost his smile. The faun brought some sugar and tea to the living room where Mikey sat down in the first hair he saw. "Not here." Says Tumnus. "No. No, we haven't had a Christmas in a hundred years."

"What?" Mikey said. "No joy or gifts for a hundred years?"

"Always winter, never Christmas," Tumnus said. "It's been a long winter. But you would have loved Narnia in the summer. We fauns danced with the dryads all night. And you know, we never got tired. And music! Oh, such music..." He tried off. "Would... Would you like you to hear some now?" He handed Mikey a cup of tea.

"Yeah, sure. Please." Mikey replied.

Tumnus smirked at the mutant turtle and grabbed a little box from the mantle of the fireplace. He opens it up as Mikey asked him a question. "Are you familiar with any Narnian lullabies?"

"Sorry, no." He answered, blowing the surface of his tea and taking a sip.

"Well, good." He positioned his fingers on the flute-like instrument. "Because this probably won't sound anything like one." Tumnus blew into his haunting instrument, letting a beautiful and peaceful melody possess Mikey's ears.

Mikey sipped on the tea as he gave Tumnus a gentle smile and looks at the fire. He watches the flames dance, and then sees images suddenly appear. A horse neighed and galloped and disappeared, causing Mikey to gasp in amazement. Michelangelo looks back at Tumnus.