Chapter 3

"Another escape?" Biana joked as she and Fitz walked towards Sophie and Edaline. "It doesn't look nearly as interesting as the one Fitz described." Edaline beamed at them.

"Sophie told you about that huh?" Edaline risked a sly grin at Sophie. Sophie groaned. Biana laughed. Fitz was obviously not sure which emotion to express, so he passed with a grin. 

"You all have fun." she grinned. "Do you guys want anything to eat."

"Mallowmelt." Sophie answered the same time as Biana said, "Custard bursts!" Edaline nodded and whipped around back towards the house. Sophie noticed Edaline hiding a grin with her head turned the other direction and immediately felt suspicious. What was Edaline planning to do? Sophie was scanning through options when Fitz interrupted her thoughts.

"Is it okay that Dex comes over?" Sophie looked at him and smiled while she nodded. 

"We shoulder trick him!" Biana squealed. "Press Sophie's panic switch then have a very dramatic scene set up when he pops up. Yes, I know, I'm brilliant." She added when she saw Sophie open her mouth to protest. Sophie was about to protest, but switched to a different question.

"What dramatic scene?" Biana squealed and clapped her hands while jumping up and down. 

"We should, like, um..." Biana went still and her eyebrows furrowed in concentration.

"How about," Fitz suggested, "we throw mallowmelt at him when he appears?"

"I don't know how Lovise would take that." Sandor interrupted.

"But I so want to do it!" Tarina continued. Sandor sighed but didn't comment. 

"Edaline!" Biana skipped towards the house and Tarina was quick to join her.

"Come one!" Tarina hollered, motioning to the bodyguards. Sophie suddenly had a feeling from the sly look on Tarina's face that she wanted Sophie to be alone with Fitz. Flori chased after Tarina, but Bo and Sandor stayed.

"Uh uh." Sandor said, directing the comment more to Sophie. "I won't leave Sophie alone. She needs protection."

"Uh," Bo grunted. "I'm gonna try my luck with the sqeaully girl." Sandor shook his head in disappointment and muttered something under his breath before following Bo. He glared back at Sophie.

"You have two minutes before I want you inside!" Sophie nodded, knowing she had to be serious with Sandor's threats. Fitz stepped forward and cupped Sophie's hands, making blush fume into Sophie's cheeks.

"How are you?" He asked. "And I want a real response." Sophie nodded, trying not to meet his eyes or she knew she wouldn't be able to speak.

"It's difficult. I'm glad Luna and Wynn are here to keep me distracted." Fitz nodded.

"Have you tried to communicate with Luna and Wynn?" Sophie's eyes widened and she shook her head. 

"Let's go try." Sophie grinned before sprinting towards the area she saw Grady heading with the alicorns. She heard Luna's and Wynn's whinnies before she could see the paddock, but for sure, there they were. The enclosure was much larger than their previous one, with thicker bars that formed a dome. Fitz ran besides her and Grady and the gnomes turned towards them.

"Is something wrong?" Grady asked, worry etched on his face.

"No." Sophie panted, leaning down to catch her breath. She noticed the worry taken over by suspicion as he eyed Fitz. "I'm gonna try to transmit to Luna and Wynn." Sophie couldn't help a large grin to spread over her face.

"Better ask Silveny's permission." Grady warned, his eyes still narrowed at Fitz, who found a lot of interest in the bars of the enclosure. Sophie turned to Silveny and the mama alicorn stretched her head to muzzle Sophie's sleeve. 

HI! FRIEND!  

Hey Silveny. I was wondering if you would, if I could talk to your babies? Through my head? 

FRIEND TALK! BABY BABY!

You're okay with it?

FRIEND! LUNA! WYNN! TALK! OKAY!

Sophie grinned.

"That's a yes?" Fitz ask, still avoiding Grady's glare. 

"Yes." Sophie looked over at Grady. He caught her look and sighed. The gnomes ran up and explained a situation with some animal before Grady was racing off with them, casting a warning glare at Fitz.

"Can I help?" Fitz asked, getting back to the topic.

"Yes." Sophie grinned at him and felt her heart fluttering madly when he grinned his perfect smile.

Sophie turned towards the foals, who watched her and Fitz with perked ears, and reached her mind out.