Chapter 28

Trigger warning it is basically Fitz's pov part so u don't need to read to still under stand the story

It felt like her shoulder had caught on fire. The fire dove into her veins, burning down her arm and spreading into her chest. There was a lot of yelling, but Sophie was loosing consciousness. Sophie laid limp, feeling the blood soaking her shirt. It ran down her neck faster and either made it to the ground or bloodied her shirt even more. Sophie cried out as pressure was put on the dagger, driving it farther into her shoulder.

Sophie felt the fire soar up her neck and enter her head. Her brain seemed to be having electric pulses as the flame entered. Her head swam and it felt like something clicked before a new pain soared through her head. She screamed and thrashed as painful waves shook her body. She screamed and screamed and screamed and screamed. The waves seemed to never end. Sophie screamed louder as something was pulled out of her shoulder. Sophie screamed as a stronger wave tore up her brain. Only seconds after, welcomed darkness entered.

FITZ'S POV

Sophie was dragged back over in front of him. Blood was already soaking her head and was dripping down her cheek. She was limp and she looked half conscious.

"Watch this!" Alvar exclaimed.

"Don't touch her!" Fitz hollered. Panic boiled in Fitz's head as Alvar pinned Sophie against a tree. She cried out and Fitz's vision swam. He nearly hurled and angry tears entered his eyes when Alvar harshly kissed Sophie. Her scream was muffled and she thrashed unsuccessfully. Fitz let out an angry scream so harsh that Alvar paused for a second before smiling and kneeing her hard in the stomach. She bent over, but Alvar slammed her head into the tree. He harshly bit down on Sophie's scarred neck and sucked in hard. Sophie screamed, the sound coming out clear.

"GET OFF OF HER!" Fitz screamed.

"Oh! And do you know what the best part is?" Alvar teased. He pinned both her arms with one hand and led the other one under her shirt. His hand went higher and Sophie screamed again. Panic caused Fitz to become dizzy, and he collapsed onto his knees. 

"But, I'm not here for that." Alvar sighed. He slipped his hand back out and Sophie tried to thrash against his hold. "Of course, they didn't say I couldn't have a little bit of fun." He let go of Sophie's wrists and grabbed Sophie's hair. He yanked her head back before slamming her head forward, causing her to stumbled forward and fall into a heap. She gasped and tried to push herself up, but before she could get ready, Alvar had yanked her up by her neck and smashed his lips into hers again before pulling back and throwing her hard against the ground.

Alvar kicked her side hard, causing her to curl and cry out again.

"STOP ALVAR!" Fitz hollered, shaking harder. Alvar laughed and grabbed Sophie, picking her up sideways before chucking her into a tree. Sophie's scream erupted out of her and she landed hard on the ground. Suddenly, the forcefield was gone, and with Alvar turned away from him, Fitz leaped. With an enraged roar, he tackled Alvar. Alvar hit the side of the tree, crying out it surprise. He turned and Fitz punched him hard. Fitz kept on punching. Alvar tried to scramble backwards, but Fitz grabbed his hair and slammed his face into a tree. Fitz's anger only sparked angrier when he saw the large gash under his eye.

Fitz kneed him hard in the gut, and Alvar bent over before Fitz struck him hard in the face again. Alvar turned and landed a hard punch over Fitz's eye. Fitz stumbled backwards before Alvar tackled him. They wrestled, punching and kicking. Fitz punched Alvar hard in the ribs and pain shot up his fists, but a satisfying crunch rose from Alvar's side. Alvar cried out in pain but Fitz shut his mouth with a punch.

"I'll make it so you can never kiss her again!" Fitz roared. He landed another punch on Alvar's mouth, and blood sprayed everywhere. He kept on punching his mouth til someone pulled him back. Granite and Alden tried to drag Fitz away from Alvar, but Fitz gave an enraged scream, and lunged forward, landing another hit on Alvar's jaw. Granite and Alden grabbed Fitz again, Fitz screamed and thrashed, trying to get back to Alvar.

"Fitz! Fitz stop!" Biana begged. Tears were rolling down her cheeks. "We need to get Sophie to a safe place. Let the adults deal with Alvar! Just stop!" Fitz stopped struggling, nostrils flaring, and hatred so strong that he was hyperventilating. Fitz stood and turned on Alvar.

Sophie's bodyguards and Gritzel had Alvar surrounded. They snarled at him as he pushed himself up, spitting blood onto the ground, and Fitz could see a couple teeth in the puddle. Alvar wiped his mouth, glareing at Fitz. Alvar turned around and looked at Sophie, who watched them. She was lying on the ground, bloody and breathing hard. He winked at her and she gagged. Alvar sighed and turned back to them.

"Fine. You leave me no choice. I was hoping I would have more fun. But, cutting it short is okay too, I guess." He quickly turned on Sophie and threw something at her. A short dagger struck Sophie's shoulder and she screamed. All the bodyguards leaped at Alvar, tackling him under hundreds of pounds of muscle. Fitz ran to Sophie, but something hit his back and he flew forward, slamming into a tree. 

Everyone got the same treatment except Alvar and Sophie. Fitz pushed himself up and charged Alvar, but he already had a hand over the dagger. He shoved down, and Sophie screamed as the dagger went deeper. Fitz tackled Alvar and drew back his sore hands, and landed a hard punch on Alvar's hand. There was another crunch and Alvar cried out. Fitz jumped up and kicked Alvar's side as hard as he could, and pain flared up his toes. He ignored it and kicked Alvar's mouth. 

Sophie's screamed grew louder and she was thrashing. Fitz ran to her and Alden had already pulled the dagger out. More blood was falling down her neck and flowing into her shirt. Sophie screamed louder and thrashed harder. Elwin was there pressing a cloth on her dagger wound. She stopped screaming after a minute and went unconscious. 

Fitz sobbed and gently picked her up, hugging her against his chest.

Thx for reading :)

Luv y'all 😘