0.1 // welcome to avonlea

※    

    ※    

AFTER AN EXCRUCIATINGLY LONG SIX WEEK journey Livia had never noticed how truly she loved being on land. Throughout the travel she was constantly surrounded by the sound of murderous waves smashing onto the walls of the ships like fists begging for a fight. On top of that, she had to listen to her twin brother complaining every single day, ordering poor sea-sick Isaac to shut up because he couldn't fall asleep. The demands did nothing as the eldest Crawford boy continued to puke his guts out, not allowing anyone to fall into much needed slumber.

But once the journey finally came to an end and the Crawford family exited the ship they quickly grew to hate, Livia had to fight the urge to kiss the ground she stood on with all her might. However, Theo shamelessly fell too his knees and lied down upon the brightest green grass that Livia had ever seen. It seemed to shine gloriously against the sun's generous golden rays, and the lone strands danced with the gentle tickles of the wind. You would never be able to find grass like that in England, where the clouds were grey 90% of the year and the sun only came out during the summer, and during then it would fry the grass to a crisp instead of coating it with a gorgeous layer of summer green.

Just as Livia was about to mimic her brother's actions, Monika Crawford gasped and grabbed Theo by the shoulder, trying to hold her laugh in at the sight of her husband's distraught expression.

"Not here, son," She chuckled, dusting her second eldest of the dirt he managed to collect, "Trust me, as much as I want to do the too, we can do that once we reach out new home and when we're out of the public's sight."

Keeping a tight grip onto her belongings, Livia scanned her surroundings in attempt to see if their carriage had arrived. Having saw nothing of the kind, Livia took that as an opportunity to examine Canada's beauty instead. As much as she hated to admit it, Canada was far more impressive than England; the usual grey sky she was so accustomed to was a blinding baby blue and was clear of any clouds-- though the chilly spring air lived up to Britain's standards.

"Look," Andrew Crawford announced, pointing over the heads of the dozens of bustling people who were more than eager to go home, "Our carriage." Wasting no time, Theo scrambled up to his feet and grabbed hold of his twin's hand, using the other to drag his belongings behind him. He just wanted to go to their new home, set up his new accommodation, and catch up on the six weeks of sleep that he had missed. 

Following closely behind, Monika and Isaac mounted onto the carriage and took their seats whilst Andrew thanked the kind man who arrived with their travel source. He then grabbed the bags and placed them at the back, securing them into place. The furniture and everything else arrived a few weeks prior when the family mailed the items a couple of months back. Grabbing hold of the reins, the forty year old man swung himself to sit at the front of quick expensive carriage and clicked his teeth, resulting in the horse to set of in a quick-paced canter.