CHAPTER ONE.

◤━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━◥

CHATER ONE: KATERINA PETROVA, THE ORIGINAL BITCH

"WHY DIDN'T YOU WAKE ME UP?" was the first question came out of Ava's mouth as the twins and Caroline walked in the woods

It had been less than a day since Ava and Elena had been kidnapped by two vampires after the masquerade ball and Ava was still affected by how close the twins had become to death, again, due to supernatural reasons. The last thing she wanted to be kept out of the loop and lose the only advantage a human could have: information.

"After yesterday, I thought you deserved some sleep. You almost died, Ava. I almost lost you because you tried to protect me." Elena sighed, remembering the events of the previous day where the oldest twin nearly lost an arm trying to fight Elijah. "Maybe you shouldn't have tried to stake a vampire even two old vampires were afraid of because he tried to compel me."

"I can't believe you tried to stake someone that old, Ava. I thought between you and Elena, you were the twin that survival instincts." Caroline commented, earning a small offended look from Elena, "What? She is not the one who found out her crush was a vampire old as Mystic Falls and decided to date him."

Ava laughed at the blonde's commentary, "She is not wrong, Lena. Also, what kind of an older sister I would be if I let any guy tried to compel you live after what they had done?"

"You are barely a few minutes older!"

"Twelve glorious minutes to be exact."

Elena sighed, "Regardless, you cannot let yourself get hurt just to protect me! I thought you needed some rest after almost losing your arm and I wanted to learn as much as we can from Rose about Elijah and why they wanted us."

Ava rolled her eyes as she crossed her arms over her chest. "You almost died as well. I can't keep us safe if you don't include me to important Scooby Gang meetings where we discuss the oldest vampire ever walked on this earth who is gunning for our Petrova asses."

Remembering what Rose had mentioned earlier that day, Elena asked, "Damon doesn't think Klaus is real. I want to believe him, but Rose was pretty sure he is real, and he needs us. I'm so confused, Ava. Do you think he is real?"

The older sibling sighed and nodded slowly. "Real or not, we need to make sure we're safe. We didn't survive this long only to become a sacrificial meal for a narcissistic vampire who might be the oldest creature on this earth."

Caroline, who had been absent from the meeting looked at Ava in concern. "Aren't you afraid of that Klaus character? Katherine was afraid, and I never thought she was afraid of anyone."

"No, I'm scared out of my mind. But no matter how I feel, either way, he will try to kill one of us, and I want to be ready for him. If Katherine managed to survive and trick this guy all alone for decades, I think we can outsmart this guy with the help of Salvatore brothers and Alaric." Ava let out, "But first, we need to know what Katherine knows."