CHAPTER TWO.

◤━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━◥

CHAPTER TWO: KATHERINE JUNIOR

AVA KNEW SHE should have told her twin about visiting Katherine, or at least anyone else in case she got killed, but she didn't know who to talk to

AVA KNEW SHE should have told her twin about visiting Katherine, or at least anyone else in case she got killed, but she didn't know who to talk to. Not the Salvatore brothers, that was for sure, because as much as Ava hated to admit, they liked Elena while they barely tolerated her. And that was only because Elena cared about her safety.

Caroline was also out of the picture as she would have insisted on joining her even though she was still terrified of Katherine. That wasn't fair to the blonde and Ava had no desire to drag her friend to meet her killer. She didn't want to involve Bonnie, she deserved some break from vampires after everything she had been through, so Bonnie was out of the picture as well.

Officially, she had no one to talk to.

While that revelations upset her, she had a gut feeling that whatever Katherine was going to tell her, it was going to be much worse. Shaking her head, she went downstairs quietly as much as possible, hoping that everybody was already asleep.

She thought she had succeeded until Jeremy appeared in front of her, holding a bowl of popcorn. "Hey, sis, where are you going?" he asked, confused.

"Nowhere," Ava said quickly, making Jeremy suspicious.

"Are you sneaking out?" Jeremy asked, amused.

"No," Ava said, shaking her head quickly, "I was just going downstairs to grab a glass of water. That's all."

"Sure," Jeremy nodded sarcastically, "Just promise me that you won't get high. Been there, done that. You think it's helping but trust me, it doesn't."

Ava's eyes widened, "No, Jer. I'm not sneaking out to get high."

Jeremy raised an eyebrow. "Oh yeah, then where are you going?"

"Nowhere." Ava said, "I can't tell you, not yet. But I promise, as soon as I'm back, I will tell you everything."

Jeremy nodded. "Okay, I will be waiting for your return. You better join me and explain me everything. It has been a long time since we had a night like that."

"Only if you won't tell Elena." Ava agreed.

Jeremy nodded, "Deal."

A smile appeared on the brunette's face as she leaned towards her brother and kissed him on the cheek. "Thanks, baby bro, you're the best."

"I know. Don't you ever forget that."

•• ━━━━━ ••●•• ━━━━━ ••

Walking in the woods alone was a lot scarier than Ava thought it would be, that was why she was glad about grabbing a stake from Alaric's stash before she came there. She had no intention of becoming anyone's meal, and that wooden stake at least gave her a fighting chance.