Chapter 2

"Huff, that was so annoying," I said while brushing my hair in front of the vanity mirror. I was in my new room now, trying to forget that humiliating incident. And that creep.

Four walls as pale as sand surrounded me and the air itself seemed to give off a feminine and sensual feeling. Maybe it was the vase of roses or the queen size plush bed that stood proud in the middle of the room, dark drapes around it making sure nothing would disturb one's sleep. So cozy yet elegant. It truly was my dream bedroom. I put on my oversized grey sweater and headed out the door. 

"I almost forget to call my mom," I reminded myself and pulled my phone out of my pocket.

"Ring.......ring......" I waited patiently for her to pick up as I walked down the long hallway. 
"Mom!" I exclaimed as I heard her hello. I continued "What is going on? Like who was that guy, Ace? Is there something going-"

"Elysia, I am almost there. Hold on to your questions." My mom responded calmly.
"Wait, what?" I said confused as I stopped my steps right by the staircase. 

"What do you mean you are almost here? Mom-" I was stopped mid-sentence as the same front door I walked in from, opened only to reveal my mother holding her phone by her ear.

"I'm here sweety," She said, hanging up our phone call. I gasped and walked up to her.
"Mother, what are you doing here?" I asked as she put her expensive white bag on a nearby table and touched up her hair that stood in a tight bun.

"Well dear, I have a piece of very important news to tell you that simply couldn't be said on the phone." She said, her eyes gazing around the place, clearly liking what they were seeing.

"Oh, you must be the famous Ace Lowenherz!" My mom said as she saw Ace approaching us. Slowly, she went up to him, her black heels clicking on the marble floor and put a hand on his shoulder. Ever so gracefully she pretend-kissed his cheeks and I swear she bent one leg making her pencil skirt rise up. 

"Aren't you handsome," She said making me want to beg for her not to act like this. It was embarrassing having your mom always hit on any good-looking young guy she sees.

"Hello to you too Mrs. Valentina," Ace told her while shaking her hand. 
"Please, just call me Valentina,"
Ok, that was enough. 

"How do you two know each other?" I said after clearing my throat loudly. 
"Right, you see dear, the three of us will have to discuss on the news I told you about," She said.

"Something she should have told you long ago," Ace responded, his cold voice emphasizing on the word 'should'.

"Everything in its rightful time Ace. Everything in its rightful time," Mother said giving him her smile. The smile that always hid evil behind it. Though, he only glared at her with his sharp eyes.

"As you say. This way." Ace said walking towards the east side of the first floor.
"What the actual hell is going on?.." I wondered to myself eyeing both Kei and my mother in suspicion. 

We reached a butler standing in front of two wooden doors which he soon pushed open.
"How hospitable would I be if I didn't treat my guest dinner?" He said and I felt as if the world had just gotten a little brighter as I met the sight of food.
I mean, it was about 9 pm by then. Kind of late for dinner but better late than never.

"Ah, this is perfect!" My mom said as the butler took her coat in hand.

"Grr.." I heard my stomach growl and put a hand above it hoping nobody heard. I looked down as I caught Ace looking at me, his lip turned into a little smirk. 
"Great, as if what happened today wasn't enough," I mumbled to myself.