Chapter 4

"What to wear, what to wear? Hmmm. I have nothing to wear. Like usual." I said staring at the pile of clothes while standing in nothing but a bathrobe. 

"Why does this always happen to me Max," I pouted and then thought to myself, why was I trying so hard. To hell with it.  I put on a pair of blue ripped jeans and a white off-shoulder top. I sat in front of my vanity and opened my makeup bag. 

"You know Max, I don't usually go out," I said as I was putting on moisturizer. I squeezed a bit of concealer on my sponge and started to very carefully beat my problem areas. "But when I do," I dipped my brush in my rose blush, "I make sure I look gorgeous." I took a warm peach shade from my eyeshadow palette and put that on my lid, smoking it out gently. "Many people think that I don't know how to get glammed up," I put mascara on my lashes. "But I...." Still dong mascara, "...can kill the game." I dipped my brush in my baking powder and dabbed it on my face lightly. "If I had the nerve..." I brushed up my eyebrows, "to do this every day..." I took my nude lipstick out of my bag, "It would be over for all them bitches." I applied the lipstick following my natural lip shape. "This is my favorite part," I took a small brush and dipped it in my favorite highlighter. "Yeess," I groaned as I placed the highlighter on the highest points of my cheeks, my inner eye corners, brow bone and finally the tip of my nose. With that my makeup routine was complete.

"How do I look?" I said turning to Max, "You see how much work goes into looking natural." I brushed my hair down and sealed the deal with a pair of beige ankle-strap heels. 

"I think I'm ready," I gazed at the reflection in the mirror for a little and agreed. I checked my phone that showed 2: 57 PM. So any moment now. I plopped on the bed beside Max and clicked my heels to one and other. I jumped up as I heard a knock on the door.

"Yes," I opened the door. "Master is waiting for you." The butler said.

As I walked down I saw Ace standing with one hand in the pocket of dark blue pants, a simple white shirt on and a pair of polished shoes. 

"Are you ready?" He asked. "Yeah," I responded and saw him take a pair of car keys out of his pocket.

Max barked as he ran towards his owner. "Hi boy," Ace rubber his ears lovingly, "You can't come with us," He whispered in a sweet voice. Max whined and I was honestly stunned at how gentle Ace was with his pet. 

"Oskar, take Max," Ace told the butler. "Let's go," He ran a hand through his hair and opened the door for me where a black Gebrull car awaited outside. If I were to choose a type of car similar to it, it would probably be a Ferrari. Low. Fast. And crazy expensive. I sat on the front seat and saw a dark blue jacket draped over the driver's seat.  As Ace turned the key, the powerful engine roared and I could tell this baby's ride would be smooth. 

"Where are we going?" I asked as he took a turn on the road. "Oscar said I was going to take out didn't he, so I'm taking you out to a nice restaurant." Ace said with eyes focused on the road. 

"So this is just you being altruistic," I said, my voice dripping with sarcasm.  He chuckled, his deep voice giving me chills down my spine. 

"I don't think of myself as such but if you do, so be it." Ace said with one hand on the steering wheel. A few moments of silence based by and I decided to finally ask, "What snake is this?" I said feeling the leather seat beneath my fingers. 

"It's a Mexican west coast rattlesnake." I hummed at his response and said: "Very altruistic, it's custom made isn't it?"

"You're quick to notice," He agreed. "Well, it's beautiful," I sighed, talking about the car. Moments after he pulled over and I noticed he had stopped in the parking lot of my favorite restaurant. "First, it was my bedroom, then the dinner from last night and now the restaurant. How does he know all the things that I like?I wondered to myself.