Chapter Two - Rude Awakening

C H A P T E R
T W O

Her hand formed a fist as she awaited the arrival of someone to open the house door. Wynter was rocking back and forth while standing in her black closed toe red bottom—Louis Vuitton heels.

Whoever was supposed to open the door was taking mighty long but then again she was late. They probably were already starting on dinner and here she was standing outside in a black t-shirt that she had tucked in her denim ripped jeans with a red trench coat.

This was her punishment for never being on time. The only time that she was actually punctual in anything that had to do with her life is when it was regarding Riley. Did that mean if she didn't have Riley nothing in her life would've made sense?

Swinging the door open, Milan looked at Wynter and heavily rolled her eyes. "Do I have to put an ankle monitor on you? You're never on time for real."

"Actually, I'm always on time when it comes to Riley."

"That's what you're supposed to do. Are you ever early to your meetings with your clients?"

Wynter smiled whilst hanging up her trench coat. "That's what my assistant is there for babes."

Milan smacked Wynter and walked over to the kitchen where everyone was snacking on drinks and chips until the food was finished cooking. The kids were with their grandparents which gave the adults all night to do what they wanted.

"Look what the cat dragged in." Giselle teased.

"Sorry I'm late guys." Wynter apologized as she made her rounds on hugging everyone. "The guy isn't here yet?"

"He's in the bathroom—should be out in a minute." Ash answered.

Wynter nodded and took a seat on the stool as Giselle gave her a glass of wine. "What were you guys talking about?"

"They we're trying to convince Ash and I that it was time to put some buns in the oven."

"And you don't agree?" Wynter asked with a raised brow.

Giselle shrugged and pecked Ash's lips. "It's like—we're so caught up in our careers doing what we want and not having any responsibilities; in the sense of having to worry about nannies and shit."

Milan scoffed. "Oh please, don't you want kids right now Ashton? Gigi's eggs won't be baking for forever."

The look on Ashton's face showed discomfort before he blocked out his inner feelings and replaced it with a little smirk. He did want kids but his wife was too caught up in her career to give him what he wanted.

Seeing all of his close friends, settling down and having kids did a lot to him. It was a losing battle with Giselle. He tried often to bring the conversation up, but like usual she would dismiss it quick as fuck. Ashton couldn't force her to have kids even if he wanted too. Giselle was the type to never let him go without a condom and she always made sure to take her birth control.

What was a marriage that always forced your hand in wearing protection?

Did he know that it would take this long to convince Giselle to give him a child? Hell no.