Chapter 6: Calling in/Meeting his Idol.

It was peaceful night at Amity Park. That is until missiles flew in the air and a smoking crater was formed at the street. Danny crawled out of the crater. Danny was once again in a ghost fight with Skulker, the so-called Ghost Zone's 'Greatest Hunter'.

"Your pelt will soon be on my wall, ghost child." Skulker said.

"Really? And I thought I was fighting you alone." Danny said. "Now, Sam!"

At that moment. Sam appeared from an alleyway and sucked Skulker into the Fenton Thermos.

"Hmm. Maybe we should start using stealth tactics from now on." Danny smirked.

"If only Tucker could have help us, if he wasn't mayor." Sam said.

Sam then walked up to her boyfriend to check to see if he was okay.

"Are you okay?" Sam said.

"I'm fine, Sam." Danny said as he grabbed her hands and assured her that he was okay. "You want me to take you home? It's getting late."

"Sure." Sam said.

Danny then carried Sam bridal style and flew to her house to drop her off.

"Say Sam. I was wondering if you want to catch that movie this Friday, since Tucker will be busy this week." Danny said.

"Sure." Sam said.

"Awesome. Anyway. I better get home. I'll see you tomorrow." Danny said before kissing her in the cheek and flew off.

Danny enjoyed flying. It made him feel more free. He was enjoying the cold air when his cell phone went off. He checks it and realized it's Coulson.

"Hello?" Danny answered.

"Danny, it's Coulson. We need you to come in. Fury wants everyone. The world is in danger." Coulson said through the phone.

Danny couldn't believe what he was hearing.

"Please tell me this is a joke?" Danny asked.

"No. This is serious. I need you to meet at the airport, ASAP. Your family has been notified about the situation." Coulson said.

"All right. I'm on my way." Danny said.

With that, Danny flew in the direction of Amity Park's local airport. After a few minutes, Danny arrives at the airport where Coulson is waiting for him outside a nice Quinjet that S.H.I.E.L.D. operates.

"Hello Coulson. It's nice to see you again." Danny greeted.

"Good evening, Danny. If you're ready. I'll brief you on the way to New York." Coulson said.

"New York?" Danny questioned.

"Tony Stark needs to be convinced." Coulson replied.

"Oh, okay." Danny said.

With that, Danny and Coulson enters the Quinjet and takes off for New York.

"What's the situation?" Danny asked.

Coulson hands him the file that shows information on the Tesseract.

"This is the Tesseract. It has the potential energy to wipe out the entire planet. S.H.I.E.L.D. has been trying to harness its power." Coulson said.

"What happen to it?" Danny asked.

"Yesterday, an Asgardian name Loki stole it." Coulson replied.

"Loki? You mean the Norse God of Mischief. Thor's brother?" Danny asked.

"Yes." Coulson replied.

"Where's Agent Romanoff and Agent Barton if the Avengers are assembling?" Danny asked.

"Barton has been compromised. Loki managed to control his mind, as well as other S.H.I.E.L.D. agents, including Doctor Selvig." Coulson replied. "As for Agent Romanoff, she is busy searching for Doctor Banner."

Danny definitely didn't like the sound on what Coulson said about Clint. He knew what was it like to be mind-controlled.

Hours later, the Quinjet arrives at New York City and lands outside the new Stark Tower.

"Danny, I want you to stay in the Quinjet while I go get Stark. We're also expecting Captain Rogers to show up here as well." Coulson said.

As soon as the words Captain Rogers was heard, Danny was stunned and excited. He's gonna meet his idol soon.

"I'm gonna meet Captain America?! Awesome!" Danny said with excitement.

"Yes it is." Coulson said showing a little of his excitement before heading inside Stark Tower.

Time has passed and Danny was getting bored, that is until he heard an motorcycle's engine. Danny goes outside the Quinjet and sees a man in casual clothes looking at the Quinjet.

"Do you need any help, sir?" Danny asked.

The man look stunned to see a kid with white hair, glowing green eyes, glowing some white aura around his body and floating.

"I'm Captain Steve Rogers...is this S.H.I.E.L.D.'s jet?" Rogers said slowly.

Danny went wide-eyed. He is doing his best to keep his cool, but his mind is fanboying at the moment.

'OH MY GOODNESS, IT'S CAPTAIN AMERICA! HERE... IN FRONT OF ME! IN ALL OF THESE YEARS OF MY LI...HALF LIFE, I NEVER THOUGHT I WOULD MEET THE MAN...NO, THE LEGEND HIMSELF!' Danny thought.

Danny considers Captain America his idol, not to mention that both have a lot in common. Both were wimps before becoming brave and kind-hearted heroes. Danny always wanted to be like the Cap before he got his ghost powers. Heck, he guess Captain America was one of the reasons Danny wanted to protect Amity Park after the lab accident and his first major ghost fight. Anyway, Danny's mind stop fanboying before saying...

"Yes...yes it is Captain Rogers." Danny said trying to be professional as he could and not make a fool out of himself.

Steve look at the ghost boy in concern. He doesn't know how to react to a ghost boy who looks too young to be participating in a dangerous job.

"Are you...Danny Phantom?" Steve asked.

"Yes, sir. I am." Danny said with a grin.

Danny held out his hand to his idol. Steve shook it slowly. He shuttered when he noticed how cold the boy's hands were. Afterwards, both Danny and Steve got inside the Quinjet so that they can wait for Coulson. Steve look at the files. He noticed something odd about Phantom.

"Who's Danny Fenton?" Steve asked.

"Oh, sorry." Danny said.

At that moment, two bright rings appeared around Danny and traveled up and down his body, revealing the black hair, blue eye Danny Fenton. Steve couldn't believe it. Phantom is actually an 18 year old kid!

"It's a long story." Danny said.

Steve is disgusted and upset that Fury would recruit a young person do to such an extremely dangerous job, despite that 18 year olds were eligible to fight in wars back in his time.

'Guess I'll have to look out for you, kid.' Steve thought. 'And he resembles Harry. They both have the same last name. Harry is fascinated about ghosts, this kid is half ghost. I wonder.'

A short time later, Coulson returns. He noticed that Danny is now in his human form and his idol sitting across from him. He then told the pilots to take off.

"Where's Mr. Stark?" Danny asked.

"I gave him some homework. He'll join when he's ready." Coulson replied.

Afterwards, the Quinjet takes off and heads for S.H.I.E.L.D.'s base.